RRRGH!!! RSW-15 just up and quits 2nd Sub to go out

bchild311

This experience just keeps getting better and better. And by that I mean worse and worse. After confirming the ch.11 from UE, I went and paid them a visit. They still claim that my subwoofer is still on order and will be coming. Initially they told me 2 weeks. Now they say sometime late Feb. I'm calling BS on this one because it should take 3-4 days tops to have Klipsch send them a new sub.

I may have to claim that I'm insane and go set fire to the store here.

RRRRRRRRRGHH!!!

Hate to say it but I think they are stalling you until the go out of business, pack up shop and leave. I would take the subwoofer back to them and demand my cash back and start looking elsewhere for a subwoofer.

So much for the benefits of purchasing a Klipsch subwoofer from an authorized dealer, this is the kind of service you should expect from a non-authorized dealer from the web.

WOW!! WHAT A THREAD. HAVING PURCHASED MY RSW-15 FROM AN INTERNET DEALER BEFORE KLIPSCH WIPED THEM OUT, SOMEHOW, I FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT. THE SUB IS NOTHING BUT AWESOME, HOWEVER, THERE IS ONLY 1 AUTHORIZED KLIPSCH DEALER WITHIN 1 HOURS DRIVE AND THEY NEGOTIATE ZERO OFF OF MSRP. I TOOK A CHANCE VIA THE INTERNET AND BOUGHT RF-5s, THE RC-3 AND RC-35, AND THE KSW-15. I SAVED A TON AND TOOK A CHANCE ON SPEAKERS AND SERVICE. NOW I AM GLAD I DID.

IT SEEMS KLIPSCH WHOULD HAVE DONE MORE HERE. THIS IS VERY DIS-HEARTENING, ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM BUILDING A HOUSE WITH A MEDIA ROOM AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME RF-7 AS MY MAINS. AUTHORIZED DEALER OR NOT, THEIR REPUTATION IS TAKING A HIT HERE.

AT WORST, YOU HAVE A WORKING SUB AND ZERO CHANCE OF GETTING YOUR REPL AND AT BEST A SLIM CHANCE OF GETTING THE REPL. I FEEL FOR YOU. GTOOD LUCK!!

As far as I know there has never been an authorized internet site for Klipsch. Basically everything bought from an internet dealer has that sites warranty and not Klipsch's. As far as subs go however it doesn't look like the warranty from the manufacturer is much better than the others. On the flip side of the coin, I've bought 12 Reference speakers (not subs) from an authorized dealer and have had 2 warranty issues. The service has been stellar. I can't recommend my dealer or salesman high enough.

----------------

On 1/26/2005 2:29:52 PM waddisme wrote:

WOW!! WHAT A THREAD. HAVING PURCHASED MY RSW-15 FROM AN INTERNET DEALER BEFORE KLIPSCH WIPED THEM OUT, SOMEHOW, I FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT. THE SUB IS NOTHING BUT AWESOME, HOWEVER, THERE IS ONLY 1 AUTHORIZED KLIPSCH DEALER WITHIN 1 HOURS DRIVE AND THEY NEGOTIATE ZERO OFF OF MSRP. I TOOK A CHANCE VIA THE INTERNET AND BOUGHT RF-5s, THE RC-3 AND RC-35, AND THE KSW-15. I SAVED A TON AND TOOK A CHANCE ON SPEAKERS AND SERVICE. NOW I AM GLAD I DID.

IT SEEMS KLIPSCH WHOULD HAVE DONE MORE HERE. THIS IS VERY DIS-HEARTENING, ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM BUILDING A HOUSE WITH A MEDIA ROOM AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME RF-7 AS MY MAINS. AUTHORIZED DEALER OR NOT, THEIR REPUTATION IS TAKING A HIT HERE.

AT WORST, YOU HAVE A WORKING SUB AND ZERO CHANCE OF GETTING YOUR REPL AND AT BEST A SLIM CHANCE OF GETTING THE REPL. I FEEL FOR YOU. GTOOD LUCK!!

----------------

YOU GOT A BETTER DEAL OFF THE INTERNET? SWEET. THERE IS A BUTTON BETWEEN THE 'TAB' AND 'SHIFT' KEYS YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO. Welcome to the forum, though.3.gif

Who's reputation is taking a hit here, Klipsch's? This is the Klipsch Forum, I don't think that their reputation is in danger. Ultimate's? Well maybe, it seems most people have their minds made up one way or the other already. Besides, we only know one side of the story here, no offense to bchild311.

Anyway bchild, I'm sure you'll get your sub, regardless of the consiracy theory from the poster above. I would imagine it would take a while to get one, it's not like the RSW-15s, at $1700 a pop, go flying out the door. And with UE's financial difficulties, I doubt they carry a lot of extra inventory of expensive items that they don't sell much of. I thought I saw in one of your posts that the sub was black?? Or did I just imagine that?

Hey welcome to the post. Nice of you to join in at this point so late in the game and offer up your opinion. As far as the story being one-sided, how else do you see it? I mean opinions aside, the facts remain true. I was without a sub for 2 months. The subwoofer they delivered back to me was damaged. That in itself is complete justification. And yes the subwoofer is black. Would they not have damaged it if it had been Cherry?

By the way I'll be making yet another trip to Ultimate tomorrow to check on the order status of the replacement sub. I'm going to demand to see it in the computer 'cause personally I think I'm getting taken for a ride on this one.

----------------

On 1/27/2005 10:35:28 AM bchild311 wrote:

Hey welcome to the post. Nice of you to join in at this point so late in the game and offer up your opinion. As far as the story being one-sided, how else do you see it? I mean opinions aside, the facts remain true. I was without a sub for 2 months. The subwoofer they delivered back to me was damaged. That in itself is complete justification. And yes the subwoofer is black. Would they not have damaged it if it had been Cherry?

By the way I'll be making yet another trip to Ultimate tomorrow to check on the order status of the replacement sub. I'm going to demand to see it in the computer 'cause personally I think I'm getting taken for a ride on this one.

----------------

I didn't say your story was one-sided, I said we (meaning all of us on the forum) have only heard your side of the story. That might seem like semantics to you, but believe me, there is a big difference. If you step back from the situation, and look at it from a neutral point of view, it's not as cut and dried as you make it out to be. If I owned a business, and someone claimed that I, or one of my employees had damaged a customer's merchandise, I would immediately be suspicious as to whether it was damaged before it was brought in. If I was to ask the employee that saw the subwoofer when you brought it in for service, "was the sub damaged when the customer brought it in?", he would probably say "no it was not damaged." If I asked him, "Are you absolutely positive it wasn't damaged?", he'd say "Well, I'm pretty sure it was okay." That's just human nature. So now I, as the owner, or manager in this case, don't know for sure that we, as a company, were responsible for the damage. I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying, you are the only person that knows for sure that it was perfect when you brought it in, nobody else paid that close of attention, because it didn't belong to them, and they didn't spend $1500 on it like you did. Also, the amount damage is relative. In other words, what is major damage to you, might be a minor blemish to me. Nobody here saw the sub before or after, all we have to go by is your side of the story. Again, not accusing you of anything, and definitely not trying to be unsympathetic, I'm just keeping things in perspective. As someone who works retail, I can see the retailers point of view, as well as the customer's. By taking back the damaged subwoofer, they are taking a loss. The only way they can sell it is to discount it, and it will probably be a major discount. I also know that when customers complain, in their version of the story, they were always completely polite, and the employee who helped them was always rude. You said they guy who helped you was a "punk." I'm sure he doesn't appreciate being called names, when all he is doing is going to work every day, and trying to make a living. So I wonder if Maybe, just maybe, some of your attitude might have rubbed off on him? I know there is no way you will take that, other than an insult to you, but I'll bet that if you were to ask the "punk," he might say that you acted like something other than a perfect gentleman. And lets face it, as the title of this thread suggests, one might say you have a tendency to spin events to your own point of view. When I look at the title, it looks to me like you have had Two RSW-15's fail on you, when in actuallity, you have had one RSW-15 and one (most definitely inferior) KSW-12 fail. So, I'm sorry if I don't immediately jump to conclusions, and jump on your crusade against Ultimate Electronics, but I only know your side of the story. I have had nothing but good experience with the company, as I'm sure plenty of others have, and I've had items serviced by their service department without any issues, and I will continue to shop there.

As far as my question about the sub being black, that was a bad edit from my original post. What I meant to say was, Ultimate does not stock the black color, and they have to special order that color if someone wants it, so yes, it will take much longer to get than the Cherry color that they stock. For it to take over a month is not all that unusual, unfortunate as that might be when you are waiting for it. As I said before, I am sure that you will get the replacement, it's just a matter of time. It's ridiculous to say that they are just biding their time until they go out of business. That was really my original reason for posting, because I wanted to comment on that silly statement. Then the post above mine (THE ONE IN ALL CAPS) said that someones reputation was at stake, so I responded to that at the same time. I was not responding to anything that you had written, just to what the others had said.

Bchild, you have my condolences. Oddly, the Soundtrack I shop at (Soundtrack is part of the same company as UE) provides pretty stellar service. And they stock black subs...although as an RW owner I have to admit I don't know about their stocking habbits for the RSWs. Either wqy, I'd be livid in your situation. I was in a imilar situation with Best Buy, who in CO at least has attrocious customer service. I will never buy from them again, although I could in good conscience recomend the Soundtrack in Fort Collins and/or Denver to anyone in the area. I wonder if it has more to do with local management than with the overall corporate structure? Although I've had bad experiencnes at more than one BB, so I'm pretty sour on them.

Either way, I hope you get your new sub pronto.

Scott

Firstly,

Toddjv, if you're going to post something at least read the all of the information first so you know what you're talking about. If you'd read the whole thread you'd know that I have photos of my subwoofer, documentation if you will, that it was in good shape. I haven't called anyone a punk in the store either. Those words are not professional and should be used for places like, hmmm, oh yeah a forum. Plus when you say things like:

"I didn't say your story was one-sided, I said we (meaning all of us on the forum) have only heard your side of the story. That might seem like semantics to you, but believe me, there is a big difference."

you might want to know that by saying "we've only heard your side of the story" actually does mean one side. See, there are a total of 2 sides here. Its consumer vs Ultimate. Anyway, just think before you post, please.

Secondly,

I paid another visit to our friendly neighborhood UE this afternoon. It is now officially over 3 months since the mishap. I was initially disappointed, yet again, when I went in and the manager said, "To tell you the truth I haven't even thought about your subwoofer until you just came in." Man talk about a bad foot to start the conversation on. It did get better from there though. He made a call to their distributor in CO and they are getting 4 black RSW's on the 31st of Jan. He told me that one of those 4 is going to be mine. They have told me I should have my new sub by middle of next week. I even have an order #, so that is promising.

Also on a brighter note for UE they have put a man named Mark Wattles in charge of things and we should be looking at him turning things around real soon. Mark comes from Hollywood video and people have nothing but great things to say about him so I hope to see some awesome changes happening with our store here soon.

Just a note of appreciation to all who have taken time to read about this crazy mishap and who have provided me with excellent info and help. Does not go unnoticed. This is a fantastic forum. I'll let you know how the delivery of the new sub goes next week. Klipsch has an amazing product and like I said I hope to see great things changing with our UE store here, Klipsch deserves good distributors. Long live the horn ...

I am SHOCKED that after speaking directly with Klipsch representatives, that they still have you at the mercy of this horribly reseller! Klipsch themselves should have intervened and shipped a NEW UNIT to you pronto, then delt with their dealer in their own way. This is absolutely unforgiveable. Klipsch will hear about this!

Michael

Man and I thought the 2 months I waited for my RSW 12 was bad, I can't imagine 3 months. I hope everything works out alright and someone from Klipsh should step up and really help you out. In my thread in the sub forum Amy said they would have stepped in if required to help me out ( my dealer gave me a new RSW 12 from his inventory without Klipsch getting involved) and it really sounds like they should step in and help you out.

Wow the saga continues. Just got a call from our good guy Joe at Klipsch who represents the UE store here where I'm at. He somehow heard wind of my subwoofer woes that are still continuing and is going to intervene YET AGAIN to try and resolve this issue.

Waiting to hear back from him as well as the manager of UE here. He promised he would call by end of day tomorrow. This is going to be interesting to see how it all pans out.14.gif

OK, the hits keep on coming with this subwoofer deal. I'm really concerned here after having Klipsch directly involved and the higher-ups at Ultimate and still not having any sort of resolution. I have not heard back from Joe at Klipsch, we spoke on the phone Tuesday the 1st and he was supposed to get back to me 'in a couple of days.'

I was supposed to receive a call by Wednesday the 2nd from the manager at Ultimate and never did, I had to actually call him to receive my answer that the subwoofer was not there. I just phoned him again (no he didn't call me) this evening and still no subwoofer.

On Monday the 7th I'm going to try and contact someone in the upper offices at Ultimate again and see how that route goes. Soon following my disappointment there I will be in touch with the BBB to see if there can be any intervention from them that will get the boys at Ultimate to stand at attention.

We (the consumer) should not have to deal with this. It's insulting. Both to we who love audio and to the manufacturers of such fine components. This thread has become a document trail. I think its great that Klipsch has this forum and that we can speak freely. I hope that everyone that has had a bad experience will voice it so that we (the consumers) can avoid these establishments and save someone the headache that I've gone through.

Steve and Amy of the Forum have been directly contacted by myself and have been in contact with the local rep (I guess Joe) for your UA stores. I still don't understand what the problem is, but Klipsch cannot work around the dealership arrangment for some reason. So the bottom line (it sounds to me) is that Joe has to get a sub from Klipsch out to UA and they should be contacting you to pick it up. Forum moderators can take the complaints directly to the person responsible, but cannot intervene directly on our behalf. They have transmitted the information that this warranty situation is not going well.

Chime in here friends! If any one of us received this maltreatment, we'd be LIVID!

JOE, wherever you are, you have an opportunity to make Klipsch the HERO in this story or a company who cannot operate a dealer network very effectively, the choice is entirely in your hands.

I have asked the question, "If this customer was a new customer with a couple of grand in his hands, how long would it take Klipsch to get a new subwoofer out to this store for him"! It should take the same OR LESS time to take care of this horrendous warranty situation. What's up Klipsch????? This story has been in your customer service network for over a month now with no resolution forthcoming....

your still loyal friend (for now)

Michael Colter

3 pages of replys and only one reply from a moderator??? Is any one from Klipsch trying to help out, I mean really trying not just providing lip service? I know I waited 2 months on a part (that is probably still on back order) for my RSW12 with no help from Klipsch. What is the problem at Klipsch with NO / Lack of customer support on subs, I just don't understand how this can be. In my thread Amy said Klipsch would step in if needed (maybe this was just lip service also, since this was said after my dealer helped me out), it is way overdue for Klipsch to step up and help out.

Yeah, I should point out that I'm a Klipsch fan for life...but that applies to the sound. I've had nothing but good things to say about customer support so far, but if this had happened to me, I'd be looking at a Definitive setup for my next upgrade. Especially with the Reference Premier Series on the way, Klipsch had better do some soul searching on its customer support. No one spends $3,000 per speaker and doesn't expect top notch customer support. Sheesh, the $2,000 I spent on my system is a huge investment for me, and I expect top notch customer service. Klipsch, please help this poor guy out annd make sure he is taken proper care of.

Scott

toddvj - why even go into that whole thing about how the kid at the store felt in this forum? "Wah" for the kid in retail? Please, we all know what it's like to be talking to a clerk who has no idea what they are talking about, and the fact that bchild311 DIDN'T freak out and not demand a new Sub at the sight of the damage speaks volumes for his demeanor despite this whole despicable story. Your post leaves us wondering whether or not YOU'RE that kid, and out of a job b/c they've gone belly up!

bchild311 - I hope you get your new Sub soon, like today1.gif

Thanks so much you guys for the support. I think we all know how it feels to be treated like a number or to have been strung around to no avail in the customer service area. This is my only real issue with Klipsch customer service or Ultimate's customer service. They have great products, and as many have said in this thread, if you spend the money for an $1800 subwoofer, equally in value should be the customer service to back that subwoofer.

I hope to hear from Joe today. I also hope to get in touch with someone at Ultimate today too. Mark Wattles are you taking calls yet?

This really is a simple solution, a no-brainer. I have an uncle that is ready to purchase a complete Definitive Tech setup. He was thinking of going with Ultimate because they're the only Def Tech dealer in this area. After this experience he's seen me go through, needless to say, he will not be purchasing that setup from Ultimate. Authorized dealer or not, he will gladly give his money elsewhere. You see how it works Ultimate? Good customer service spreads. Had you taken care of a long-time customer you would have earned another one in return.

Like I say, its not hard. Hopefully Mark Wattles knows this and can turn things around for Ultimate. He certainly has his work cut out for him.