RRRGH!!! RSW-15 just up and quits 2nd Sub to go out

bchild311

OK Monday morning here and I just got off the phone with Sheryl who is Dave Workman's secretary there at Ultimate. She had no idea of the situation and told me that she would "elevate the problem to the people here." So, she also said that she would be in touch.

Come on Dave, come through for Klipsch!

This whole fiasco is alarming. I just purchased a whole Klipsch Speaker package from a local dealer here in Atlanta...a mom/pop store...not a chain..so hope I have better luck when the potential problems arise. I had an amp problem with an HSU VTF3 sub ...and they sent me a new one 2day FedEx the next day! I know SVS does the same.... I guess the bigger you get the more you loose that personal touch and accountability. Keep us posted on the resolution!!!14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif

Well...I tried to stay out of this thread but the fact that this issue has not been resolved one way or another is a little freaky.I have a great dealer that has a very good relationship w/Klipsch,but I've never had a problem,I hope I never do.C'mon Klipsch,we know you're a good bunch,this really needs attention and resolution.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/6/2005 4:33:53 PM kevinlwilliams67 wrote:

3 pages of replys and only one reply from a moderator??? Is any one from Klipsch trying to help out, I mean really trying not just providing lip service? I know I waited 2 months on a part (that is probably still on back order) for my RSW12 with no help from Klipsch. What is the problem at Klipsch with NO / Lack of customer support on subs, I just don't understand how this can be. In my thread Amy said Klipsch would step in if needed (maybe this was just lip service also, since this was said after my dealer helped me out), it is way overdue for Klipsch to step up and help out.

----------------

moderators have been on this already before and did not reply as it was not needed because it has been handled with pm's

Gramas,

I wish that were the truth. This resolution has not been handled through PM's. I have spoken with our Klipsch rep Joe in CO a total of 4 times on the phone and he has yet to give me any sort of concrete resolution, though I appreciate his willingness to try.

I received a phone call this evening from someone 'up-high' in the chain at UE. His name is Gerry and he works directly for Dave Workman. He is now 'assigned' to this case. He told me that this whole situation was completely ridiculous and that he had not been aware of it until now. He told me that he would remedy the situation ASAP and also promised me that he would give me a phone call no later than Wed of this week.

I've heard all of this before. I hope that Gerry really comes through on his word. UE's name/reputation/whatever is all hanging on that.

I was also supposed to hear from the manager at my Utah Ultimate Electronics store today. Again no phone call. Not even a courtesy call. Completely unbelievable/pathetic/ridiculous.

I seriously can't believe a product like Klipsch would allow their speakers to be sold by such incompetent people. I would think that anyone at Klipsch who caught wind of this situation would pull their stuff from places like this immediately. Unfortuneately I'm just a peon and in the words of Joe, "this doesn't happen very often with Ultimate Electronics." I guess I hope that's true. Either that or I'm the only one voicing my experience. 7.gif7.gif

----------------

On 2/7/2005 8:01:07 PM Gramas701 wrote:

----------------

On 2/6/2005 4:33:53 PM kevinlwilliams67 wrote:

3 pages of replys and only one reply from a moderator??? Is any one from Klipsch trying to help out, I mean really trying not just providing lip service? I know I waited 2 months on a part (that is probably still on back order) for my RSW12 with no help from Klipsch. What is the problem at Klipsch with NO / Lack of customer support on subs, I just don't understand how this can be. In my thread Amy said Klipsch would step in if needed (maybe this was just lip service also, since this was said after my dealer helped me out), it is way overdue for Klipsch to step up and help out.

----------------

moderators have been on this already before and did not reply as it was not needed because it has been handled with pm's

----------------

----------------

On 2/7/2005 8:01:07 PM Gramas701 wrote:

----------------

If this is you thoughts on being handled, I would hate to see what would happen if they dropped the ball!

Someone at Klipsch needs to stand up and or grow a set and help out, the fact that this thread is still going is beyond comprehension. I guarentee if Klipsch really cared this would have been resolved long ago but the fact remains Klipsch is willing to let this go on.

This case is unacceptable, no question about it.

A major complication is that Ultimate Electronics is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. I would not be surprised that Ultimate owes Klipsch a substantial sum of money which would complicate the relationship. (Sorry for the pun; there is nothing funny about this situation.)

Klipsch did not damage the subwoofer; Ultimate did the damage in question during warranty service.

I suspect that management at Ultimate is more concerned about their paycheck than good customer service.

Bill

I know that noone will believe me, but I actually RECEIVED, (yes I was on the receiving end) a phone call from Gerry at Ultimate Electronics. He told me that he personally reserved a subwoofer and said that he has a stash of new ones coming to the Utah store here. He also let me know that he would call me back tomorrow with exact dates to when I would receive it and give me a new order number.

The fact that I didn't have to call him is very promising. That's a first from the UE guys.

Still haven't heard wind from Joe Lee from Klipsch. Perhaps he's read the thread and is pulling from the situation, though I would have appreciated a simple phone call.

C'mon Klipsch I ain't feelin' the love! 15.gif

I would think, if anything, reading this thread would motivate this "Joe" to get it in gear and do something. This is a huge black mark for Klipsch, IMO. It should NOT take months to resolve a problem with a product in this price class. What's the point, Klipsch, in that expensive lawsuit to protect your dealers when you evidently have no minimum expectations of customer service nor performance from them?

Guest Anonymous

no you misinterpreted me, i meant that it was "being" handelded through moderators. What i meant was that when the person who said that they wish that a moderator had seen this b/c no one replied, i said that yes a moderator has seen this and replied. I never said that this was handled through and through

Gramas,

sorry I mis-read what you meant. It's all so clear to me now.

I failed to mention that the first phone call from Gerry he asked if I'd be ok with a gift certificate or maybe a new cabinet for the sub. I can't even comment on that after 3 months of this.

After reading this...I will never purchase Klipsch from an "internet" dealer....H___, you can't get resolution through an "authorized dealer." I actually think Klipsch is Ultimately responsible here. Who determines whether a store is "AUTHORIZED"....Klipsch does! I truly believe you will get a new subwoofer in the end. It would be comforting to have a more visible response from Klipsch. It would give the readers of this forum a confidence in their Klipsch product and promote future purchases! A huge reason I buy subs from SVS and HSU is directly related to their "PERFECT" customer support!

Here is the text of an email I just sent to Amy Unger, our Forum Moderator. Please understand, she does not have direct power to intervene in this warranty situation. I've just been trying to 'quietly' ask her to make sure that the appropriate people at Klipsch were notified of this situation. She gave this to Steve at Forum around Christmas, who immediately contacted Joe, the regional Klipsch rep who has been trying to work with the Ultimate Audio Electronics store where the sub was purchased and who damaged it by not using the customer-provided original packaging. To this date it appears as though there has been no resolution to this sad warranty situation.

I ask that all parties read this and kindly correct if I have made any errors in generalizing this situation. I almost feel apologetic for having gotten so involved thus far, but I did know how to highlight the situation to somebody at Klipsch and felt I was doing all parties some good by at least getting the conversation started between Klipsch and the end customer since Ultimate was just giving smoke signals.

**********************************************************************************

Dear Amy and Steve,

I know you two are just moderators on the Forum, and have limitied powers to act directly in a warranty situation, but would you please take this link, print it out, and hand it to Joe Lee or anyone named Klipsch PERSONALLY.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?mode=viewtopic&topicID=55912&num=30&sessionID={332C461D-666C-4E9C-863A-1FBFBB75B088}&pageNo=3

This is page three of Bchild's saga with Ultimate Electronics and Klipsch trying to get a warranty replacement for a RSW15 (I think). He has been at this over three months now, over one month speaking directly to Klipsch personnel. It looks like the manager at UA 'may' have a unit from him, but I feel that Joe and the store manager aren't acting quickly enough.

Even if this customer eventually gets a brand spanking new unit, this botched customer relations warranty situation has left a horrible taste in his mouth and many Forum members are getting upset as well. We're at the SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING THE PATIENT IS DYING phase, really. I think that Forum members are beginning to seriously question your dealer network to the point that many will just buy used heritage and not even attempt to purchase new Klipsch at all. I'm talking about your LOYAL KLIPSCH CUSTOMERS having doubts about your ability to service your products here.

I'm sorry to have to interject again. Sorry to be a nuisance.

Please help this guy. Now. Today.

Michael Colter

*********************************************************************************

I can do no more, hopefully Klipsch will get a new Sub to this loyal and patient customer soon. That is what I would expect.

Michael

• Moderators

We had been aware, contacted the dealer, and were assured it would be taken care of. It wasn't until much later we learned that it hadn't.

I'm now simply trying to find out what exactly the problem is with the delay. Like Michael said, I have very limited capabilities in handling these types of issues. I'll see what I can find out today.

Way to jump in here Amy!

It's been like 90 minutes since I emailed Amy! See guys- I told you the moderators weren't afraid to get involved. They are not in charge of customer service or warranty departments however. Please rest assured that they will do everything possible to make sure appropriate parties are aware of this further delay. Knowing that Klipsch give my local dealers the absolute best support give me confidence that this will be resolved and that the fault lies with Ultimate Audio. After all, they're the idiots who tossed Bchild311's original factory packaging and damaged his subwoofer in transit.

You have to believe that this story will have a happy ending.

Michael out.

Okay if I may jump in now.

Regarding getting a warraty issue resolved:

First you try tha point of purchase. First Level.

Then after a period, you go to second or fourth level up at point of purchase. Sends certified, return receipt required letter, copy, not original, of sales receipt.

If no satisfaction, the customer conatcts the company service or Customer Service. Explains problem.

NO court in the land would give an award for going and posting on a Moderated Forum regarding warrant problems. I am not a Lawyer, just part time legal papers server - Summons, Subpoenas, Complaints, Foreclosures, Waranty Issues, etc..

The first qusetion asked would be how high up, next would be did you send a certified letter return receipt required to a high level at Ultimate.

Next question: did you personally contact the manufacturer and explain your dificulties. To whom did you speak to??

Did you allow a just and reasonable time. Next: Did you ask for the person's supervisor? All of this is to be done by the owner, not on a Forum where you "Hope the Moderators will read it," "not via another party." The responsibility is for the OWNER to make DIRECT contact. In there one May be asked to provide a list of the people contacted, who do they work for.

Now the moderators will see the advice to contact the head of Ultimate - action being taken, next they would read that someone from Klipsch had been contacted and Warranty issues would be handled. Then since the owner could not reach the Rep, was his Supervisor contacted by the owner?

A Moderator or Administrator of a Board as this would see that things were being done although verbally.

The onus and responsibility is solely on the owner not a third party. Check manuals, check Uniform Commercial Code, Check basic college contract law.

I cannot believe that in this 4 page thread, no-one gave the advice send a certified letter, return receipt required to Ulytimate and copy Klipsch in regarding problems. Call Joe's Supervisor.

I did see the Statement that The Moderators are not Service people - paraphrased. What I did not see is mail, have proof of all of the above.

I would bet that if the procedures that I outlined were followed this would be over a month or more ago.

Unless stated otherwise, merchandise is to be returned to place of purchase. One may see on some warranty slips do not return item to place of purchase.

At this time, it is STILL the responsibilty of Ultimate to repair or replace unless the customer notifies the factory Customer Service PERSONALLY, not via a Forum, Not via a third party.

Lastly, with an item that has a five year warranty and we'll say it's replaced after two years, the warranty is not extended, there are only three years left. People think that they get a new five year warranty. Unless the manufacturer states differently that is the way it goes.

There are procedures. While I am extremely sympathetic to your plight, I still see what MUST be done. As I stated I am not a Lawyer, I am not dispensing legal advice. I am going by what I learned over time.

It does not seem fair, but that is the tort system in the U.S.

It's harsh, but it's like taking a child out of an adopted home because the Father did not know, or the Mother sobers up and demonstrates ability to handle being a Mother. The child gets removed. Does that stink yes

dodger

Amy and the Klipsch Moderators,

I have been working with Gerry Demple at UE. He is supposed to get me more information on the new sub he is getting for me. If you really want to get to the bottom of things on UE's side I suggest talking to him. 1.800.260.2660. Sheryl, Dave Workmans' sec, got the info to Gerry and he's taking it over. Again last I heard from him was that he had a new sub and was working on trying to find out when he could get it to the Utah store and into my hands.

I'm still baffled as to why its so hard and how little they know about getting one of your Klipsch subwoofers to their own stores.

----------------

On 2/9/2005 12:59:28 PM bchild311 wrote:

Amy and the Klipsch Moderators,

I have been working with Gerry Demple at UE. He is supposed to get me more information on the new sub he is getting for me. If you really want to get to the bottom of things on UE's side I suggest talking to him. 1.800.260.2660. Sheryl, Dave Workmans' sec, got the info to Gerry and he's taking it over. Again last I heard from him was that he had a new sub and was working on trying to find out when he could get it to the Utah store and into my hands.

I'm still baffled as to why its so hard and how little they know about getting one of your Klipsch subwoofers to their own stores.

----------------

bchild:

Sometimes it's falling through the cracks. Sometimes It's lack of initiative.

And sometimes it's poor Customer Service. It is good that things be brought to the attention of the Company. Then they can find out where the break down occured.