RRRGH!!! RSW-15 just up and quits 2nd Sub to go out

bchild311

Amy Unger,

I re-read my post and feel it probably was a little strong. I believe you when you say: "You thought it was resolved along time ago." Anyway...I am glad that this is being resolved and we can start fretting over our next Klipsch purchase!!!

1.gif

Oops! Amy posted that the situation had been resolved _while_ I was typing my post. I've modified the last portion to update it to reflect her post:

Amy, thank you for stepping in. I have some experience with corporate tech-support, and I'm sure it isn't a menial thing for the moderators to have to step in, but I really appreciate it. As I type, my brand new RW-12 is pounding away at the second disk from The Wall, and I feel better about owning it knowing that this is finally getting the resolution it deserves. I hope it was resolved to Bchild's satisfaction.

Thanks again!

Scott

P.S. Now if I can just save up enough to get those rf-7s!

Dear Amy,

Thanks for going truly beyond the call of your duties as a Forum Moderator. I realize that I personally probably became quite the pain-in-the-nameyourbodypart over this situation, but saw what I thought was an unacceptable situation and tried to call attention to it the best way I knew how. I wanted Klipsch to be the heroes of our story.

Hopefully Klipsch will have a conversation about this with the folks over at Ultimate, who I feel (based on my limited knowledge of the facts of the case) were the bad guys in this situation. I know that my local retailer, Ovation Electronics in Indianapolis, would never have subjected me to such a situation.

I hope this is to the satisfaction of bchild311, who has purchased an entire set of your top-of-the-line Reference series speakers, and done without a subwoofer, through no fault of his own, for three months now.

Again, thanks to Amy, the Steves, and whoever cared enough to get involved. Lets hope a warranty problem doesn't garner 2000 views on the Forum in the future. Now, what will that next purchase be?....

Michael Colter

And in the end, when all is known and clarifications are given to Klipsch Representatives, their standar of Excellent Customer Service comes through.

To the Klipsch Employees, notably Amy as she is the one we "see," Thank You from a 30 + year Klipsch Owner.

dodger

Ms. Amy Unger,

you are such a sweet person. Thanks so much for stepping in and representing Klipsch in a way that is in comparison with the great products you make. After receiving a phone call from Jeannie(sp?) this morning (it was the most pleasant conversation since this all began) things have changed completely. She was very helpful and considerate of everything that had happened. This is the very action I had been hoping for all along from the guys at Ultimate Electronics. You have definitely stepped up and done the right thing, unfortuneate that it was you that had to do that instead of Ultimate. I hope/plead/beg/scream that you will give those fellers at Ultimate the hashing of their lives. Make it known throughout. Get it up to the new guy Mark Wattles. Let him know what he's facing taking on a challenge of reviving such a poorly run company. As far as I'm concerned I will never set foot in their doors again as long as I live.

I look forward to receiving the new sub and to resolving the case and justice being served. I can't say thanks enough. Jeannie(sp?) said on the phone that they will ship the sub right to my door and should have it within a few days.

Excellent, excellent turnaround Klipsch. Thanks so much for taking care of a lifelong customer. 13.gif

Amy, betcha slept good last night haveing taken care of this. Feels good, don't it?

Check out the thread under Subs for some POSITIVE comments about Klipsch Subwoofers. You can take those to your customer service meeting as well. I am still available.

Michael

I just came to reading this thread again after scanning it a while ago. I'm glad it finally got resolved, but obviously it was far from painless.

Unfortunately these types of experiences are so all too common today, at least in the good old USA. (I'm not sure about elsewhere in the world.)

There are those like us that take so much pride in ownership of especially nice things. Like our Hi-Fi gear, cars, motorcycles, cameras, etc etc.. and we take METICULOUS care and pride in them. Then, there is the absolute frustration with dealing with service people, just good people trying to do their job, stuck within systems that constrain them, ...either that, or they really don't care themselves, for oh so many reasons.. and neither the two shall meet.

A great example in my world, is my other hobby.. Motorcycles. Guys like me that have a "motorcycle habit" have thousands of dollars invested in a simple toy that is mechanical and is made up of thousands of complex parts, that many times we can't work on ourselves for lack of skill or tools or whatever. We're willing to pay anything to get "quality" service.. but can we?!! hardly!!! rarely!!! but seldom!!!

Forget the warranty issues. Try telling mother Honda, or mother Harley, or some 22 year old "service manager" that this is the 3rd widget they've replaced and they still haven't fixed the problem.. and last time it stranded you 200 miles from home! LOL! ...and then you got it back from the shop with a dent in the tank that cost $900 to replace! LOL!! That's typical

What do we finally do? Either find a real small local shop and build buyer customer relationships that we carefully manage and don't feel bad for paying top dollar, IF we can get decent service... OR, we learn how to do it ourselves.. because obviosuly, no one cares about "my bike" like I do. No matter how much I pay them.

Add to that the complexity of something being on warranty, and needing to go through middleman distributors and blah blah blah blah blah.. this day and age..

I'd like to see Jerry Seinfeld to an episode based on this.. it would be so hilarious and so sad all at the same time.

I had a problem back in the late sixties with a marantz amp I sent off to get serviced.. it took months to get it back and then it was severly damaged in shipping.. came back with the rear faceplate mashed in.. I experienced serious emotional problems over systems that I had no power over whatsoever.. try filling out the forms for a damaged shipment through the US Postal Service. LOL!!

Received an email today about 3pm from Jeannie Almond at Klipsch. She was telling me that my subwoofer had shipped yesterday and was on its way. She and Amy have handled this problem so professionally and in such an amazingly timely manner that I am super pleased about. I would assume the sub will make it here within a weeks time. Very, very nice of Klipsch to have stepped in to this situation. They shouldn't have had to do that for Ultimate Electronics and I really hope you guys (Klipsch) let them hear about that.

Amy and Jeannie, thank you again. Klipsch always comes through!

I was very pleased to see my new RSW-15 waiting for me when I got home from work today. What a nice piece. This new sub is absolutely flawless. The wood grain is much nicer than my old one too, IMO. I took some photos of the old one and the new one together. I will attach them for your viewing pleasure. I was somewhat tempted to hook up both subs, but I didn't want to go to the hospital with bleeding ear. 9.gif

Again much thanks to Amy and Jeannie for going extra on this one. My renewed faith in Klipsch has made me a once again very proud and satisfied owner. I've already got the old RSW-15 in the box and will be shipping it back to Klipsch asap. Awesome job guys ... 16.gif

sub1.zip

To Amy, Joe, Jeannie, and all moderators and people that make a difference at Klipsch:

please don't let the people that you have put in charge of selling your products here in the Utah Ultimate Electronics store get away with murder. The chimps that are selling your products in that particular store do not do them justice. This thread is living proof of how ridiculous it is to deal with them. You have gone ahead and put your products in the hands of infidels. They have no care for your customers, or for the research and development that have gone into producing the speakers that they sell. I don't care how many excellent UE stores you have nationwide that claim to be so superb, if you have just one store that is treating your customers the way I've been treated, or are so clueless as to the product they are selling, I would strongly suggest removing your brand from that store. They are doing a HUGE injustice to the name Klipsch.

When you go into this store and you want to view the reference series speakers, you walk clear in the back to a room that you wouldn't be able to find or know existed without the aid of someone else, where a cherry reference series theater is. The grill to the RSW-15 they are showcasing is broken and barely hanging on, the cones to the RS-7 surrounds are punched in, the RF-7 fronts are toed in wrong, and the Pioneer receiver they have powering the whole deal is set to stereo while playing Saving Private Ryan. The subwoofer gain is turned all the way up and the settings on the amp are totally jacked. Hardly justice to really show what your product can do.

I recently visited the store during this fiasco to try and demo some Def Tech speakers that a member in my family was looking at and the salesmen, who claimed to be the floor manager, didn't even come into the room to help us until we asked. Upon getting into the room we tried to get a decent movie test from them and he didn't know how to get the amp working right, so since it was in stereo mode I suggested he show us some music instead. These speakers were being driven by a Sunfire amp and were the 7001's. A very nice speaker indeed, and they sounded so horrible. The internal amp in the front left speaker was blown and so he turned both amps off so that they would be equal. Horrible. Absolutely crazy to think that anyone would dare by a speaker after listening to a demo like that. I was totally embarrased for the salesman. But he didn't act like it was any big deal.

This is the caliber of people that are selling your product. They obviously didn't care about a long-time customer like myself who has purchased so much with them before, what makes you think they'll cater to the new customer that wants to know what all the hype about Klipsch is?

For the love of all that remains holy on this wretched consumer planet, please extend the wrath of your hand to these people and either see that their service changes or pull your products from them so that they can't taint the Klipsch brand any longer. 7.gif

Colter,

that is a night and day comparison to the fools that run the store here. It really didn't used to be like this, its just slowly gone downhill over the years. I wish I could get that kind of treatment that you get at your store there. My UE store here has had a huge turnover rate. There are new employees all the time too so you never really build and sort of client customer relationship at all.

Sucks@!!!

----------------

On 2/15/2005 10:49:31 AM bchild311 wrote:

Colter,

that is a night and day comparison to the fools that run the store here. It really didn't used to be like this, its just slowly gone downhill over the years. I wish I could get that kind of treatment that you get at your store there. My UE store here has had a huge turnover rate. There are new employees all the time too so you never really build and sort of client customer relationship at all.

Sucks@!!!

----------------

Hi BC:

I f I may make a suggestion.

Klipsch truly from what I can see corrected a problem that UE should have handled.

Yet each post - Look at this from a new Customer point - only brings a negative to Klipsch just from seeing a post and 5 pages.

When I get excellent Customer Ser Service from a Company that handled what the store should have, I call to thank the person and their Supervisor.

As this is the Case from a Cyber point, a separate compliment in a separate thread would be more of a true indicator. 5 pages if one does not want to be bogged down looks terrible if you don't read all.

Good Luck,

dodger

Dodger,

nice point and I see where you are coming from. Klipsch isn't totally innocent here however, because even though in the end they took care of the painpoint, they still saw it going on for 4 months. In the end Klipsch is still billing UE for the subwoofer, they just got the ball rolling. So thanks for the suggestion, but I think this thread in its continuation makes a very valid statement. The point for the thread isn't to candy-coat things for new customers, its about a customer that got jacked for 4 months. It's also a warning for existing and would-be UE customers.