Almost no bass form RB-35s with the new Panasonic receiver. Why????????

TransAmLS1

Your receiver is probably cutting off the bass to the speaker. If you want the RB-35 to produce bass, then you'll have to set it to "large" and/or route bass to "suwoofer+mains" somewhere in your receiver's menus.

P.S. This is based on experiences with many other receivers, but not the XR-50 in particular, which is why I don't know the exact places in the menus to look.

More power doesn't always mean more bass. Your speakers are drawing less than 10 watts, probably, unless you listen at insane levels (which you might want to consider not doing often). The first watt is what is most important when using Klipsch speakers... it has to be everything a good watt should be.

Re-read your receiver manual to see if there is a setting you missed... also, could the positioning of the speakers be the problem?

Maybe your receiver is just light on bass... my Onkyo is a tad bit light sounding in Direct mode.

I hate to ask, But have you checked your phasing?

I see a lot of people hook up new systems and reverse the connections on one speaker or on the back of the amp, Causing phase problems.

Just recheck your speaker connections to ensure all your connections are + to + and - to -, All you need is one connection to be wrong and all your bass is gone.

Hello:

A friend experienced a similar problem. She was able to keep her old receiver. After checking numerous things, we were going to hook her old receiver up.

As we were about to move it to the position needed, I noticed that the lougness button was in the "on" position.

She's been into audio of all sorts for about 15 years, so things can happen to anyone.

dodger

Hey there! 9 out of 10 chances are that there is some sort of on screen menu where the default setting is that there IS a subwoofer connected to your system, and that all source below a certain frequency should be sent to it. Is there an OSD on this model? Just going through the manual online to see if there are any such settings

Is there NO bass (as in, only the mid and uppers are audible) or just LESS than before?

Shall get back to you once the darn manual loads up.

-F