which klipsch speakers best for 2 channel

oneleggedbob

im kinda stuck between 2 klipsch speakers ..the rf-15 or the rb-35..i can get them for the same price..i will be pushing them with a yamaha rx-777..i am working on a budget of 550.00 and the only klipsch dealer around me will only take 10% off retail..they want 599.00 a pair for the rb-35 and rf-15 before the 10%..any info will be greatly helpfull...thank you 10.gif

i also could get the new synergy f1 for a few bucks cheaper then the other 2 about 475.00 / pair but not sure how they would do for 2 channel..

what ever you do stay with reference. could you possibly increase the $$$ amount?? if your stuck with $600 to spend get the rf15s. but this is just IMO.

scp53

edit: i agree with MrMcGoo. if you plan for getting a sub in the future the rb35s are the way to go.

If you can actually re-think your finances (cut the long distance phone bill abit, etc), check out the cost on a pair of HeresyII's. Might be a couple of bucks more, but an investment that will stay with you for life... 10.gif

contact Klipsch direct in Hope, might save you a couple of bucks...10.gif

bob, i just looked at your budget, and if you are serious about 2 channel you need to consider the heresies, i picked mine up for 400, and 1 of them would be as good as 4 of the others, but 1 thing, you might need better amplification, that yammie is very bright, and the heresies aare a very detailed speaker

thank you for all the input..ive been working alot of overtime lately to help fund my future klipsch purches..i did pick up the rf-15's had them a few days and took them back.just cound not get them to sound right..i am sold on yamaha so changing my amp is out of the question..there is a few local adds that im looking into. one is for a pair of klf-20's for 800.00 and a pair of khorn's that are to be less then 1 year old paid 7500.00 asking 5000.00 but is a hard person to get ahold of and im not sure what the going price for a pair of 1 year old khorn's would be..i really dont like the idea of buying speakers on ebay the shipping of somthing like that scares me damage can happen very easy..once again thank you for all the input.2.gif p.s i will not buy anything but klipsch..i am totaly sold on the klipsch sound and if it takes me 10 years to save for a pair i will wait verses buying a differant brand..

----------------

On 11/12/2004 5:16:44 PM oneleggedbob wrote:

the rf-15 seem to have a touch more low end but the rb-35's sound so smooth ..i have a nice pair of plateau stands to put the rb-35's if i go that way...

----------------

Then I would say the RB-35s. Your post seems like you are more pleased with them. That's what counts. If wanted, a sub can be added.

Just make sure you have the space you want for either.

dodger

EDIT POST:

I used a Yamaha CR 1000 with a pair of Heresys with no problem when I bought my first Klipsch.

In fact I still have a CR 1000 and Heresys. Have Adcom 565 and Parasound 800II on them now.

END EDIT