forte II vs cornwall II

archady

nobody talks bad about the forte II but preference lies in the cornwall II or chorus II(more so in the cornwalls or even heresy) can someone tell me why this is I have no experience with these other speakers but love my forte's and need to read something encouraging until I can afford lascalas or khorns

Your Forte's are perfectly well capable of fine reproduction of music and if they satisfy your needs then why buy anything else. The additional outlay of cash will probably not be matched by a proportionate increase in satisfaction.

Keith

Your Forte II's are an excellent pair of speakers, they produce some great sound. Better bass than Heresy, too. They also look great in most any room. Cornwalls have a bigger profile than a LaSCala even, LaScala's have a deeper cabinet depth and are a real challenge for WAF. To set one's sites on Khorns for sometime in the future is food for thought. When they get tucked away in the corners, they are actually more decorator friendly than either Corns or Scalas. The incremental improvements one would realize from moving to either Corns or Scalas would be pretty limited compared to the expense.

Your Forte II's are an excellent pair of speakers, they produce some great sound. Better bass than Heresy, too. They also look great in most any room. Cornwalls have a bigger profile than a LaSCala even, LaScala's have a deeper cabinet depth and are a real challenge for WAF. To set one's sites on Khorns for sometime in the future is food for thought. When they get tucked away in the corners, they are actually more decorator friendly than either Corns or Scalas. The incremental improvements one would realize from moving to either Corns or Scalas would be pretty limited compared to the expense.

I heard the orginal forte in the same room with Khorns using the same equipment and I was very impressed with how close the sound was to the Khorns.

I've owned chorus spk. and my preferance would be for the more extended bass and tonal balance of the forte. Both systems will play as loud as I would listen to music.

The best thing would be for you to seek out the other models(maybe some forum members in your area could help in this or if any of these come up for sell in your area) and listen to the compromises klipsch made for each design and pick the model that best fits your taste and needs.

Enjoy the forte speakers they will definitly give you alot of the Khorn sound for very little money.

mike 1.gif

The sonic signatures are the same but the Chorus II's and Cornwall II's will just have a bigger sound to them, which is expected because they are bigger speakers. I was going to replace my '62 vertical Cornwalls recently with a pair of Forte's, while I found the Forte's very nice and well balanced when I went back to the Cornwalls the sound was just bigger and more present. That is about the best way I can explain it.

I owned a pair of Forte's that I bought in '88 until '00 when I traded them locally towards a pair of Belle's. The Forte' is one hell of a speaker for its size and price.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 11/21/2004 7:22:50 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

they are actually more decorator friendly than either Corns or Scalas. The incremental improvements one would realize from moving to either Corns or Scalas would be pretty limited compared to the expense.

----------------

Them's fight'n words Daddy. Time to break open some woopass!

I did a little research in my moderate archives. This from a Klipsh promo pack I received about 15 years ago after writing the company about my newly acquired Cornwalls. It's sad when a Klipsch owner is feeling down about his beauties!

From Stereo Review July 1986 Hirsch-Houck Labaratories. It's about the original Forte's but should provide some user support. I'll just quote some of the specific notes relating the Forte to other speaker systems. You know the specs.

"The Fortes low-frequency was by far the lowest we have ever measured from a speaker. The Klipsch Forte is so outstanding is a number of it's characteristics...for one thing, it sounded even better than it measured. Our initial impression of the Forte, before we made any measurements was very favorable: superb overall frequency balance, unusually wide extension of both low and high frequencies, and the absence of most of the usual speaker colorations (heavy midbass, sharp or dull hight, "honkiness," etc. The sound had an open, airy quality that contributed markedly to our listening enjoyment. Because of the very high sensitivity of the Klipsch Forte, we were aboy to play the speakers aas loudly as we swished from a moderatley priced 60 watt recever. Since the Foret is about 8 dB more sensitive than most home speakers, this combination can provide listening levels that would require 150 watts with the average speaker. " Price at the time of this publication was $1100 per pair.

Hope this helps. Dude, it's an awesome speaker, stop looking over the fence at your neighbor's. Enjoy what you have, classic Klipsch sound in a beautiful cabinet.

Michael

• Like 1