FS: Cornwalls, single Heresy, PW-2500 sub in Dallas area

dfwboiler

I've got a pair of Cornwalls in oiled walnut that need a new home. They're just too big for apt. life (at least my apt. life). They've been moved several times and have the usual nicks and dings on them. One of the cabinets is in need of some care because one of the sides has a lot of very noticeable scratch marks from a move. Also, they do not have risers. Serial numbers are 7N694 and 7N695. For some reason, one of the cabinets had the speaker wiring replaced, but I have the original wire. All the drivers are original and in good working condition. Asking $450 obo. Sold!

Also have a single Heresy in oiled walnut that is missing the K-77 tweeter. This cabinet is also not in the best of conditions. Asking $75 OBO.

Last, but not least. A Paradigm PW-2500 sub. This is in good condition and only has a nick on the right-front bottom and two scratched on it. One on the top in the very back of the sub, and nother on the side near the front. Asking $550 OBO

I could ship these, but buyer would pay all shipping costs. I have no pics as of yet.

All:

Picked up the Corns for $400. They are cosmetically rough, but I plan to treat them nicely; a reveneering is PROBABLY in order here at minimum. They sound fine, I verified the early S/N #'s, and I love the pie slice logos!

Sheesh - where does this crap end - what have you guys done to me? Four Forte's, an Academy, two Heresy II's, two KG2's, and now two Cornwalls.....arggghhh the madness.....now I'll probably have to reconfigure the whole dang theater, and my Academy won't match my Corn's, blah-blah-blah....

Is enough ever enough?

Popbumper

I dunno Pop, I've been asking lots of questions about a proper center for my Corns. Have posts under the Academy thread in HT Forum. Most guys think the best center would be the obvious vertical Corn on side first (if space avail), then ACADEMY, then maybe KLFC7 (I've got one coming), then RC7 (which I'm using now) You're probably not too far off the efficiency mark (96 db for all) the xover mark, and driver material match, so timbre-match should be pretty-durn-close for your Corns and Academy. I wouldn't pull the trigger until you've tried your new setup. BTW, congrats on the Corn purchase, NOW you're in the big leagues! Have fun and turn her up!

Michael

Pop, I was using an Academy with my 1984 Cornwalls, the sound was ok, but just ok. I sold it and bought a pair of vert. Cornwalls, and the sound is wonderful. My 50" Sony LCD sits on it. I'm also using a pair of Heresys for a 6.1. I don't have room for 6 Cornwalls. The sound I have now is great. Well worth selling the Academy to buy vert Cornwalls. The bass from 4 Cornwalls is great. Wish I could run 6 cornwalls just for the bass. Look at some mods for those Corns like caulking the horns. I bought my Corns new in 84 and would not think of selling them. Have fun.

----------------

On 11/23/2004 5:10:19 PM popbumper wrote:

Sheesh - where does this crap end - what have you guys done to me? Four Forte's, an Academy, two Heresy II's, two KG2's, and now two Cornwalls.....arggghhh the madness.....now I'll probably have to reconfigure the whole dang theater, and my Academy won't match my Corn's, blah-blah-blah....

Is enough ever enough?

Popbumper

----------------

The idea is to eventually have speakers that are too large to move around and thereby prevent you from buying any more or changing stuff around. You are almost there. 9.gif