Bookshelf Speaker Reccomendation

• Moderators

I need to buy a set of bookshelf speakers for one of my living areas (unfortunately no room for herigage speakers on the floor, these have to be mounted on the wall). I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations in this regard. I A/B'ed the RB-15's with some Paradigms in the $250 range and the RB-15's, to me, sounded much better. I am not set on any particular line of Klipsh or brand for that matter.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Travis

If you're short on cash, RB-25s are the best value. While they don't have the power of the larger models, they have a very sweet midrange and they sound huge for their size. They can fill a medium room with sound, and produce decent bass down to about 50Hz. However, if you're not going to use a subwoofer, a pair of RB-35s or higher would be in order.

• Moderators

----------------

On 12/6/2004 12:06:25 AM bclarke421 wrote:

What are your priorities with this system? If it is meant to provide background music that doesn't demand significant bass output or high levels, your needs are really much different from what most of us would recommend.

----------------

That is a good point, for this room we will just be piping in background music when we have people over. I have a dedicated music/home theater room so these will be just to provide sound when we have people over.

Travis