O/T "I've got my family to feed."

Parrot

Most "athletes" are spoiled brats. On the news last night the baseball talks - mentioned drug use. When you fail FIVE (5) times, you get a one (1) year suspension.

I would love to see the number of employers that would give an employee FIVE chances.

And Pete Rose is nailed for gambling. Two wrongs don't make a right, but would you rather have your child hear about 5 failing drug test and the penalty would be ONLY a ONE year suspension.

I would love to see the fans, who ultimately pay by way of tickets or inthe case on NY State and the Bills tax dollars, boycott games.

It would be great to see a team come out and look at maybe 10 people in the stands. Won't happen, people just have to have sports at any price it seems.

Even High School. Sports are a holy grail. Budget passes without sports, have a referendum or a bond vote or a separate budget.

Sure, lay off music teachers, librarians, cut teachers - I'm not saying that teachers are underpaid. In Rochester, a starting teacher makes more than a starting Police Officer or Fire-Fighter or EMT.

But hey we have to keep our sports, so what if we lay off teachers.

BTW: this rant is from a 23 season Rochester Americans Season Seat Holder. But if I thought a boycott would work, They would be gone before you finish you sentence.

This Country has the wrong priorities. You should read some of the reports I did. The spelling makes some of the people here look like Harvard Graduates.

Yes I know school Administrators are overpaid here, and there are too may, but things are just out of whack.

When a patrol Officer has to try 4 cars to find everything working and we keep the sports with NO cuts something is wrong.

Where will our technology people come from, will they really be able to read?

End of Rant.

dodger

----------------

On 12/7/2004 6:34:30 PM dodger wrote:

Most "athletes" are spoiled brats.

dodger

----------------

Stop right there.... That's all that needs to be said. I dispise our local basketball team. Always in trouble... We have on player Damon Staudimire (sp?) Gets busted with a bunch-o-weed in his home. Goes to court, gets a slap on the wrist and put on probation in the legal system.. I don't think it was a year later, he and a fellow team mate were driving home from a game with Seattle Supersonics... They get pulled over and alas, more pot. Gets a fine. Ok what ever....

Now the stupid part. He is in Arizona, flying back for some reason or another... I think it was because of a court hearing for his his second pot offense... Anyway he is at the Arizona airport... He goes through the metal detector it goes off... And just want do they find in his pocket? if you guessed weed wrapped up in tin foil you would be correct....

Now what I want to know is what in the F makes him so gawd damn special that he can bust his probation and NOT get arrested again and put in jail. He had like a pound of it when he got busted the first time....

just F'ing rediculous... I hate the trailblazers... never have givin them so much as 1 penny and I never will..

As is said: If you don't like the content, change the channel.

And as a Newbie, compare your post number to the others weighing in on this subject.

I can relate this to audio - if you do like sports events, high ticket prices leave you with less money to spend on audio equipment.

If you are into HT, its good to go see the live performance once in a while. You can give a review and a comment.

If I may ask, what gives you the right to come in and start calling people "Buster?"

We have Moderators, we have Administaters. When we are too far off they step in and let us know.

Amy, Steve, Stephen, Trey do a heck of a job - they should be rewarded.

If this thread was so bad I am sure that it would be reported and probably pulled or set so no more replies can be posted.

I defend the people at Klipsch.

dodger

----------------

On 12/8/2004 9:10:53 AM Ray Garrison wrote:

When a post is labeled "O/T" that usually means it is off topic as far as audio goes. See, if you don't click on the little button, it won't open up and offend you. Hope this helps.
----------------

Well said Ray...

----------------

On 12/8/2004 8:17:16 AM jaama wrote:

this site is to talk about audio products,what the hell do basketball players has to do with this site.let keep thingslike this off this site.it fun to talk about audio gear here,NOT WORLD NEWS HERE BUSTER.
14.gif

----------------

Please read my sig. As I note Audio in that, the site is still audio related.

Also you have your tastes, I have mine. Please do not tell me what is fun to talk about.

If we are going to criticize, please speak in proper English, One captilizes at the beginning of a sentence. Also one spaces between sentences. and we do use the proper form of the word, itfun, should be it's fun.

You have 26 posts to your credit. Two of those posts are criticizing either subjects that have been here or site related.

I will not tell you what to post, therefore I will expect the same courtesy.

Even in O/T subjects Audio related matters can creep in. Therefore unless one knows what is posted without reading, one does not know whether Audio related topics have entered. The same with an Audio related topic. Non Audio portions enter.

But the proper way of deciding to tell someone off is to either PM or email them. I am open to criticism. Please PM me at your leisure.

dodger

----------------

On 12/8/2004 8:17:16 AM jaama wrote:

this site is to talk about audio products,what the hell do basketball players has to do with this site.let keep thingslike this off this site.it fun to talk about audio gear here,NOT WORLD NEWS HERE BUSTER.
14.gif

----------------

This is an audio site? Really? Wow, and all this time, I thought it was a quilting site with people that happen to talk about Klipsch speakers! Wow, now I feel enlightened!

And also, who f'ing died and made you all-mighty leader of the forum? What gives you the right to come on here and tell people what they should and should not talk about? Yes, if the moderators, which you are obviously not one of, decides something is inappropriate, they will respond accordingly, i.e., delete the thread, lock it, or post a warning to tell people to stop posting that kind of stuff. You can certainly report anything you feel may be inappropriate to the moderators, but it is the moderators that make the final call as to what is inappropriate or not.

And like what was also said - the thread was clearly marked "off-topic", so if you don't want to read it, then don't click it. Nobody's forcing you to have to read every single thing posted on here. I know I've ignored quite a bit of, to me, useless material on here, without telling people they should not be posting that.

----------------

On 12/8/2004 9:26:58 AM dodger wrote:

I can relate this to audio - if you do like sports events, high ticket prices leave you with less money to spend on audio equipment.

----------------

Good one! Now everything is on the straight and narrow.

----------------

On 12/8/2004 3:47:39 PM paulparrot wrote:

How do we know it doesn't stand for "On Topic"?

----------------

Probably, because if there is no "OT" tag on the line, one can safely assume that it may be on topic. Now, of course, people don't always put the "OT" on off-topic, so I guess you just got to take things in context and use a little common sense. For example, somebody posting a thread with the subject line of "I got a new puppy!" is a pretty good bet it is off topic. Then again, he could be in there talking about a pair of Wilson-Audio WATT/Puppies that he found for next to nothing at a local thrift-shop 10.gif

What a total clown,his familly must drink gallons of the the most expensive wine and munch on caviar by the kilo,each day!

These overpaid bozos live in a purple haze cloud created by some illegal substances they abuse.And some people pay to watch them!

Glad I contributed a BIG $0 and 0 cents to these bums.

Playing victims these geniuses(GIANT SARCASM ALERT!)earn the money they so richly deserve.