WTB: Good amp

Erukian

I got a pair of RB-25's. With my harman-kardon 340 they feel held back, with my Yamaha CA-800 it opens em up BIG time and at loud volumes I literally feel like i'm leading the orchestra -- but it died and is too expensive for me to find repair work on it. Anyhoo, I want something good that can power these 75W max speakers. Anybody want some cash by selling me a receiver/amp?

I dont know if this is the place for selling 2 channel audio equipment, but I feel I can trust the majority of you Klipschers over just some random dood off the internet. If your willing to sell one of your babies please reply ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a week or so, I'll know whether I'm going to be able to lock down this old Fisher I've been after. If I do, you're more than welcome to my Onkyo P-2300 preamp and M-5000 amplifier. They've seen better days cosmetically, and the remote is long gone, but for $300, they'll give you plenty of juice to power those little monsters, and do so very cleanly. They've driven my JBL S38's faithfully for the last 3 years.

Based on the latest Ebay sales I'll sell you a mint Mac MC240 for $4000.00 No, I guess I'm keeping that one. I do have this Yamaha RX 570 receiver that has been stored in it's original box for about 8 years now. It was in perfect condition when I put her away. 70 Watts X 2. I bought it 1993 new. I remember loving it with some PSBs that I had back then. If you're interested, let me know. Audiogon Bluebook says it's worth $120.00 for whatever that's worth.

----------------

On 12/13/2004 9:16:45 PM Erukian wrote:

I know this might sound "crazy" but i'm just a college student looking to get the most out of my system. If I can get a amp/receiver for under 150 that you know rocks with klipsch stuff, then cool.

But I cant afford these $300-1000 receiver/amps... sorry.

----------------

No need to apologize: we're no audio snobs here. Forget about tubes at that price range. Ask around a little and you can probably find someone who will *give* you a solid state amp or receiver that he's put in the closet when he bought a home theatre receiver. There are literally millions of situations like that.

If you live in a dorm, I'd recommend only used average stuff that no one would want to steal anyway.

If you want to buy new and inexpensive, I'd go to Best Buy and see if they have a Panasonic or JVC digital multi-channel receiver (you can use it as just a two-channel) that is on clearance or open box.

Doesn't anybody read posts these days? I just offered a 70 Watt Yammy with barely any use in your price range. Then again, I know nothing about the Yammy's so maybe an early 90's receiver isn't considered a true Yammy. I always liked it though. I used to crank a lot Primus on that thing. My Name is Mud.

Erukian,

What Tomski said. Since you like the H/K 340 sound (or is that 430?) just get a higher-powered one of the X30 series, which many people here have recommended over the years. The H/K 930 is 45W I believe, which will be sufficient. Try on eBay under combinations of variant spellings, because the name is frequently misspelled.

Harman

Harmon

Kardan

Kardon

H/K

HK