O.T. Flight Test

BEC

Santa's flight test

Santa Claus, like all pilots, gets regular visits from the Federal Aviation Administration, and the FAA examiner arrived last week for the pre-Christmas flight check.

In preparation, Santa had the elves wash the sled and bathe all the reindeer. Santa got his logbook out and made sure all his paperwork was in order. He knew they would examine all his equipment and truly put Santa's flying skills to the test...

The examiner walked slowly around the sled. He checked the reindeer harnesses, the landing gear, and Rudolf's nose. He painstakingly reviewed Santa's weight and balance calculations for the sled's enormous payload.

Finally, they were ready for the checkride. Santa got in and fastened his seatbelt and shoulder harness and checked the compass. Then the examiner hopped in carrying, to Santa's surprise, a shotgun.

"What's that for?!?" asked Santa incredulously.

The examiner winked and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you this ahead of time," as he leaned over to whisper in Santa's ear, "but you're gonna lose an engine on takeoff."

----------------

On 12/16/2004 11:49:15 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

I dont get it...

----------------

Really? Think about it... He's gonna loose an engine. What would be powering santa's sleigh? Raindeer right? And there are 8 of them right? And the guy has a shotgun, meaning he's gonna pop a cap in the *** of one of them raindeer. Furthermore, when people train for being a pilot, they have to run through different emegergency scenario's...

Make since now?

OK - I know I'm late to this one, but I just read it and just about fell outta my chair laughing.

LOL......

I'm not sure how many pilots there are here, but those that are see the real humor in this. For the rest of you, I'll explain.

During pilot training, you go through some "engine out" exercises where the instructor will just pull the power back to idle on you without warning and announce, "You just loss your engine, what are you gonna do?" And this same drill is done (A LOT) to folks that are getting a multi-engine rating. I remember a guy once telling me that it wasn't until after his check ride that he knew the plane would fly on BOTH engines!

BTW - anyone know what the propellar on an airplane is for???

It's to keep the pilot cool. Because when it stops - you sweat!!1.gif

Tom