OT: How many Forum members reside in California?

Piranha

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy, I am very sorry to hear that. Brrrrr!!!!

It is a pleasant 70 degrees here at 10:30AM. It got up to around 81 yesterday. But on the downside, we don't have those scenic White Christmas's. It's a 30 minute drive to the snow and skiingsnowboarding (Mountains).

Happy Holidays to everyone on the BB!! 1.gif

Olorin, thanks for prompting Tom's memory! When I first read the thread the other day, before I was added, I was concocting a quasi smart-*** reply which would have contained a suggestion that when we all get together we have a FISH FRY9.gif9.gif9.gif .... ah, c'mon Piranha, just kidding........ Patrick

----------------

On 12/20/2004 12:58:33 PM Amy Unger wrote:

I wish I was from Calif. right now...since we're at 1 degree with the wind chill at 1pm!!

6.gif

----------------

Amy:

How about a nice motorcycle ride up US 1? The wind in your face (helmets are required by law so the hair is out!) The AWESOME pacific to your left the twisting road in front Ah, I think I need to be excused for a ride!9.gif

• Moderators

Sounds wonderful! 10.gif

I've been to San Francisco 3 times, twice with the fam as a child, and once for Klipsch last year.... LOVED IT.

Been to LA once almost 2 years ago for E3 (gaming expo) and had a blast. I loved wandering around Hollywood and seeing all the famous streets, places, nightclubs... I actually got to attend the second Matrix premeire at the Chinese Theater. I was more impressed with the theater than the movie.... Yes, California definitely is a place I could see myself wanting to stay... alas, too much family here, and not enough money there

1.gif

• Moderators

Get on it, Michael!!

It's warmed up a little (23 degrees/11 degrees with wind chill) because the wind has died down, but it's supposed to get down to ONE degree WITHOUT wind chill factored by Christmas Eve. Bundle up!!!

Be glad you're on the front side of the cold front! We had -15 Sat night, without windchill, and are expecting 20-25 below Christmas Eve with maybe -40 wind chills. People that aren't used to hearing those kind of numbers look at you weird when you say it's gotta warm up 70 or 80 degrees to get above freezing!

Oh yeah, on topic... Been to San Diego twice years ago, and LA once 3 years ago. Fun to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. (Nothing personal to those of you that do.)

----------------

On 12/20/2004 1:54:32 PM Amy Unger wrote:

30 min to a mountain?? Pfft! We have to drive at least 45 min to find a decent sledding hill!!
2.gif

But at least we can purchase a $100K home for about 100K, instead of 2 mil.

1.gif
----------------

You couldn't touch any decent improved property in So Cal for less than $300K, much less $100K And what you'd get for 300K would be a shoebox in a not so great neighborhood. The median home price in LA County is around $450. You might be able to buy a lot in the middle of nowhere with no utilities for 100K?? To get anything worth living in be prepared to spend over $700K

----------------

On 12/20/2004 1:54:32 PM Amy Unger wrote:

30 min to a mountain?? Pfft! We have to drive at least 45 min to find a decent sledding hill!!
2.gif

But at least we can purchase a $100K home for about 100K, instead of 2 mil.

1.gif

----------------

Actually... Amy, with the recent appreciation, that 100K house will cost you a cool 3 mil. Only mobile homes cost less then a mil here.

:)

I live in between three places.

Gilroy, CA

Irvine, CA

Elkridge, MD

* Gilroy

\---------

\ ---------

\ ---------------* Elkridge

\ ---------

\---------

* Irvine

I am currently in Irvine and occasionally in Elkridge. I haven't been back to Gilroy for nearly a year now.

----------------

On 12/20/2004 4:36:02 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

Be glad you're on the front side of the cold front! We had -15 Sat night, without windchill, and are expecting 20-25 below Christmas Eve with maybe -40 wind chills. People that aren't used to hearing those kind of numbers look at you weird when you say it's gotta warm up 70 or 80 degrees to get above freezing!

Oh yeah, on topic... Been to San Diego twice years ago, and LA once 3 years ago. Fun to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. (Nothing personal to those of you that do.)----------------

I can relate. I wouldn't want to live in Minnesota either (and I mean nothing personal towards you either). It's just a totally different lifestyle than what I am used to. I don't care to live in the snow and cold weather, plus I like being near the ocean. I have the luxury of being able to surf and ski in the same day if I so choose. I like being outside.

Thanks, I am glad to hear someone likes it. Me a Trojan? No, well sort of. I went to UCLA. This is hard for most people to understand but here goes. You see, my Dad is SC alumni. I grew up being a Trojan fan. I went to SC games every Saturday with Dad from the 60's to present. It's VERY hard to switch your allegiance after being a Trojan fan for years. My friends call me a traitor. Oh well, I know a good football team.