OUCH!

Cal Blacksmith

I have been off the board for nearly a week due to a couple of things. First, my service at home is dial up and it bites! I have been online for 30 min and only had a chance to read about 6 threads. Second and probably the most important and telling is that I have a bad back. I have had it since 1979 when it was injured at work. I have a perm. 20% disability on it. Anyway, while it hurts every day, last Thursday it realy went bad. Long story short, I am on Soma (mussle relaxer) and Vicodin, a fairly strong pain killer. Right now while I am seated at the computer, the room is spinning and I am having a hard time concentrating. If there are spelling and gramer mistakes, please excuse them as at the moment, I DON'T CARE9.gif9.gif9.gif I have tried to read some threads and most of them went over my head.

Borntorockyou: Awesome setup! though on dialup it took 5 min to download one picture!

Erric, I tried to read your thread on minibox or something like that, I was unable to follow it and gave up after the first 3 posts.

Win, I'm sorry about not being able to help you.

NEO, great score on LPS! It is nice to know that the "deals" are still out there!

Ok, I am drifting in my thoughts so I will sign off now. I think I will crank up some blue note music I got from GARRYMD (thanks again!) Perhaps I will get the deeper meaning of the Jazz in my present "high" condition.

Take care and have a good new year all!

Wayne

Wayne,

Wishing you improved health for the New Year. When you are down in your back, you are down, period.

Yep, dial up is difficult to deal with. I can commiserate with you on that. Moved to the country four years ago and gave up cable/broadband. Dial-up is sad, indeed.

One thing, though. I don't spend as much time on-line. There aren't just a whole lot of pages that are worth the wait to load.

After 3, yes THREE laminectomies (disc surgeries), I can honestly say I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Sorry anybody else has to go through that.

Kick back, try to get comfortable, and pop in that Blue Note CD.2.gif First cut is Horace Silver's, "A Song For My Father." Tell me who copied (with permission of course2.gif) that opening riff. They must have been jazz fans. It's pretty obvious.

Feel better!

They actually asked and got Mr. Silver's blessing.

The late, great Bill Perkins plays sax on most of their classic albums--he was even asked to go on the road with them, but said "I think I'll pass--I think I'd lose my mind if I had to play the same solo at the same time in the same song every night for five months."

My apologys to all, I know I am not alone with back pain, I guess it was the MEDS talking.

Well, my head has cleared up a bit, and I did play the CD.

GREAT music on it for sure! I thought I recognised lots of riffs on it.

Though I still can't place the first one, I did expect the song to go another direction than it did when I first heard it. Infact it is playing now GREAT STUFF!!

All things in the world concidered, I have a easy time dealing with my back when the tragidy in the "east" is taken into account.

Allan, I don't know if $1600 for a LP that you have is such a good deal (you would know better than I) but the music is indeed great!

Horace was at the Steely Dan concert here in LA (according to Chris King) and they had hiim stand up and take a bow.

I sure wish he was able to play more often--as far as I know only one gig at the Blue Note in NYC in the last several years.

I did see him at The Jazz Bakery (I actually sat right NEXT to him) for the Heath Brothers about a year ago and he looked well.

----------------

On 12/31/2004 1:30:47 PM garymd wrote:

After 3, yes THREE laminectomies (disc surgeries), I can honestly say I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Sorry anybody else has to go through that.

Kick back, try to get comfortable, and pop in that Blue Note CD.
2.gif
First cut is Horace Silver's, "A Song For My Father." Tell me who copied (with permission of course
2.gif
) that opening riff. They must have been jazz fans. It's pretty obvious.

Feel better!
----------------

Couldn't be Steeley Dan (DF and WB), could it? .... I was always surprised by that, I wonder if he had permission.

Hi Wayne:

My honour to be in

included. I thank You for that.

I hope that your back heals with no further flare ups,

You're a great Person to know. I wish you an your fammily.

As the 3 Stooges noted - : "Docter, I've got weak back... the Doctor aske how long..Oh, about a week back.. Nyuk, Nyuk."

My best to You and Your Family.

Win dodger