Raw birch Klipschorns on eBay

Parrot

Yeh, It is possible that they were originally the completely unadorned model. Can't remember what it is but it's raw birch and there is no top hat sitting on the bass bin. It just has the motorboard extending above the bass bin leaving the HF out in the open. I don't think I've ever seen the top hat without supporting members on the back side to hold up the corner end of the home plate.

If someone did spiff up this version of the Khorn, they did an excellent job. I like the grain on the front, looks like factory to me. Oh, one more thing, there is no kick plate across the bottom of the front. The little badges or PWK logo would look nice on them.

Perhaps someone will inquire of the seller as to the entire Klipsch SSN.

----------------

On 12/31/2004 8:14:40 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

Yeh, It is possible that they were originally the completely unadorned model. Can't remember what it is but it's raw birch and there is no top hat sitting on the bass bin. It just has the motorboard extending above the bass bin leaving the HF out in the open. I don't think I've ever seen the top hat without supporting members on the back side to hold up the corner end of the home plate.

If someone did spiff up this version of the Khorn, they did an excellent job. I like the grain on the front, looks like factory to me. Oh, one more thing, there is no kick plate across the bottom of the front. The little badges or PWK logo would look nice on them.

Perhaps someone will inquire of the seller as to the entire Klipsch SSN.

----------------

Good pick-up Dee! Those bass bins are fir not birch. The top hats are different. Real birch "C" models look like this:

KlipschornBRnice.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50597&item=5741364656&rd=1

Rick

EDIT: Dean, Bob C look at the 2uF caps in that AA. Aren't those the poly's from the Heresy E-2 network?

post-12829-1381926013202_thumb.jpg

My 1982s had no kick plate and suffered a lot of damage to the veneer at the bottoms of the bass bin. As part of the resurection of my dear old Khorns I added a kick plate to cover up the chipped veneer. I suspect that is why Klipsch at some point began supplying all models with the kick plate.