DLP TV and Subwoofer

sire

Is it possible the vibrations from a subwoofer could cause internal damage to a DLP TV? When you have a "good" bass movie playing the vibrations can be felt all over the room, including the TV frame. I had a new DLP go bad and was wondering if anyone has attributed their TV going bad because of a sub in close proximity to the TV

Most of the pics I have seen display people having their sub upfront near the main speakers/TV.

Mike

If you have any fear or want to save this from happening I STRONGLY suggest these..

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_gramma/sound_isolation_gramma.asp

I use it in the dedicated HT room and love it. Great clean sound in the room and nothing rattling everything around the two THX subs!

One of those you have to trust it works... try it for yourself.....then go OMG they are right!

(Not to be confused with speaker wire.) LOL This product you WILL be able to hear and understand after you use it too.

Guest Anonymous

I would say no, the only thing that could really be damaged from vibrations would be the color wheel possibbly the mirrors, but even so i would still say absolutly not

I'd say sypathetic vibration incided by the sub is not an issue. It is, though, a good thought.

My argument is that the units experience far worse vibration during shipping by trucks, transfer by forklift, etc. Granted, in the box during transit they are cushioned by the styrofoam blocks.

I recall being in the back of a moving van on the road one time and no sub could reproduce that experience.

Gil

I have a Samsung HL P5063W and its about 5 feet from my RSW-15, both along the front end of my room and I have not had any issues. I have on many occasions played music/movies/ especially concerts very loud and never have seen any degradation of the picture or long term consquenses. That said, I have noticed that the walls and the seats seem to vibrate more than the samsung or anything equipement on the stand that it sits on.