Monster!! Marantz 2500 for sale..........

desron15

For anyone interested in a TOTL 2 channel reciever, here it is. The Marantz Model 2500 is a whopping 250 watts per ch. It is second only to the Marantz 2600 which was 300wpc. These recievers are very hard to come by, especially in the condition that this unit is in. Everything on this baby works perfectly as it should. No scratches, dents, scratchiness, just pure Marantz at it's best. The tuner is right on, the scope is awesome, and the appearance is Majestic.

Now I know most of you folks here prefer tube amplification, but for the few who like SS this is your chance. This monster will practically make a pair of Cornwalls walk across the floor!! I've never heard anything like it anywhere else. WOW!! I am asking for $1200 on this reciever, and that is not a penny over priced. E-pay will generally fetch between $900-$1500 for these depending on condition. I prefer local pickup as you can see it, hear it, and drool over it before you take it home. I will ship if needed at the buyers expense.

If your interested, post here or send me a pm, and I'll get back to you. Pics will be available soon.

Thanks for looking,

Greg

around $1k is very reasonable for that unit, especially if it is in very good operating and cosmetic condition. the tuner section and scope are keys in valuation, both must be perfect in alignment, etc. If I had the bucks right now, I would buy it, it is on my "holy grail" list. regards, tony

• 4 years later...

Hi, do you take paypal, credit, or what form of payment? where is this unit located, is it in mint condition.

Welcome to the forum Cognactriode....wonder who ended up with the Marantz? Looks like desron15 has been awol for the past 3 1/2 years. Whats up with that desron?

Hi, do you take paypal, credit, or what form of payment? where is this unit located, is it in mint condition.

Welcome to the forum Cognactriode....wonder who ended up with the Marantz? Looks like desron15 has been awol for the past 3 1/2 years. Whats up with that desron?

I guess he sold it and now has nothing to listen through!?!?! [:'(] Poor guy!

Dennie