Took backs of Heresys

SilverSport

Bill,

I put my own Accustistuff in when I rope caulked the horns and woofer basket. I also applied some asphalt sheet damping material to the top, back and sides. Those inexpensive mods tighten up the bass nicely.2.gif

A couple of 2uF F&F caps and you are done!3.gif

Rick

Since the Heresy is a sealed cabinet, adding material does no good. I assume you are trying to make the bass deeper.

The Heresy design for that matter, put the 12" woofer into a small box to get the upper bass to complement the high efficent horns, hense you will never get deep bass out of a Heresy. It was not designed for low bass.

JM

Just looked at a K 79 -K Tweeter for Cornwall IIs. Has a small tag/sticker on the back with Company name,

Model #

Part number

date of May 15 2002

With a black R on one side in permanent marker. This has never been opened.

I'll bet it may be for phasing.

Glad to see you asking questions. My belief is that if you don't you have 100 % NO. If you ask you at least bring the odds to a 50 % yes.

I like the latter.

dodger

thanks everyone...dodger, my one tweeter has no logo but the magnet has stamped in black ink, "klipsch" and it has a big red "R" covering the stamping underneath...I can still make out klipsch...it has a 4 digit serial number "engraved" into it wheras my other with the "original has the klipsch logo on it and has a 5 digit serial number "engraved" into it.

Bill

----------------

On 1/5/2005 3:31:16 PM j-malotky wrote:

Since the Heresy is a sealed cabinet, adding material does no good. I assume you are trying to make the bass deeper.

The Heresy design for that matter, put the 12" woofer into a small box to get the upper bass to complement the high efficent horns, hense you will never get deep bass out of a Heresy. It was not designed for low bass.

JM

----------------

I did mine to eliminate resonances.

Also takes the "ringing" of the metal out and softens the mid a bit.

Plus if the house was ever broken into, I want to give hernias.9.gif

But really the first part is the serious. Though it did tighten the bass up.

dodger

EDIT POST:

Just talked with 2 friends with Heresys, both set up with either a Red A or a Black A. One had a pair with A for Andy the second an O.

With 3 pair set up the same and my extra tweeter for my Cornwall II, I believe the markings were for phasing.

dodger

Well, Andy did a great job building mine.

I loved them originally, but to me, IMHO, they sound a little better after my mods. That's just an afterthought - no means implying that all should be modded.

It struck me that today was the first time I paid attention to the A.

dodger

----------------

On 1/5/2005 3:31:16 PM j-malotky wrote:

JM

----------------

I thought putting damping material in a cabinet increases the volume of the cabinet that the woofer sees. With all sealed designs, a larger cabinet means lower extension.

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/sld/sealed4.htm

Dr Who---PWK didn't want lower extension. In a sealed box (and for a given size driver) lower extension comes at the cost of longer cone excursion and that means higher distortion. PWK chose limited bass and cleaner sound over bass extension. Tradeoffs.

He could'a made an AR-3 if he'd wanted but who around here would wanna listen to that?