How do you paste pictures INTO these posts?

ooteedee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first thing to do is check what size the pic is, over 100K is hard on the dial-up guys.

It's not possible to post the exact syntax for pics because the BBS software interprets it as a pic, so I'll post an example with some of the control characters substituted.

Like this:

*IMG SRC="http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Khorn%20aftweb1.jpg"*

replace the stars at the beginning and end with angle brackets < >

first, make a plain text file with notepad on your desktop or somewhere you can find it easily, copy in that sample URL above, change the stars to angle brackets and save it.

then attach your pic to a post, upload it, then go to your post and follow the link to the pic. With the pic displayed, copy the URL for it to the clipboard, (usually with cntrl-c), then paste in between the double qoutes in the sample URL, deleting the stuff that's in there. Then copy the whole thing into your post using the edit screen. It will work.

hint: if there's any spaces in the filename of the pic, rename it and take them out brfore uploading it. Otherwise your pic URL ends up with the %20 everywhere there's a space like the sample above.

Tom

Don't do the target="_blank", that will make you have to click on it and have it open in a new window.

btw, with Firefox you don't get to use Rich Text here. I just put in the link when I do it. It's really easier.

Marvel