Hoe Down at the Orange Bowl - Ashlee Simpson!

coda

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/6/2005 5:27:04 PM popbumper wrote:

Though we have seen the evolution of "musical genres" as grunge, rap, zydeco and whatever else, for me personally, nothing sums up to the rock, big band, classic country and folk music that was created in the first half to three quarters of the last century, when people who were involved in music at least had SOME merit for being "there". I realize that's a big swath to consider, but again, "real stars" of stage, screen and musical fame are now a rare commodity.

----------------

I understand what you mean, but disagree with one genre you mentioned. Zydeco has been around longer than rock, big band, and classic country. Folk music has been around longer than any of em, of course. Zydeco was born in the early 1800's about the same time jazz made its roots in america, through similiar means. I only mention this because of your grouping zydeco with ©rap music.

my 2 cents... got change for a nickel?

----------------

On 1/6/2005 9:10:12 PM mike stehr wrote:

Ashlee Simpson... WTF? What an embarrasment to our culture

Oh c'mon m00n, if you didn't have a ol' lady and kids, and little Gashlee came up and said she wanted to polish your pole, you'd be all over it.

----------------

Well of course! Same with lohan. Just because they are hot doesnt mean they have tallent. if sex sells, then they better have sex with me before they considering selling me thier junk.

That was friggan horrible!

Sad (well, actually funny as hell) when nearly the entire stadium booed her out! Feel sorry for that band that had to back her up.

I think I'll stick with some "real" talent, ala Nightwish, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Stratovarious, etc.

Yes, good music can still be found - just gotta know where to look (and believe me, it is not on MTV or any of the local FM broadcast stations!).

You know who I like today among the crowd, Korn. You may or may not like their music, but they are VERY talented. Their rendetions are nothing short of amazing in this day of age. Hearing them do the like of Metallica or Pink Floyd just sends a chill down your spine. Even the solos, they pulled it off near flawless.

xtina begining of tour after moulin roug

We went to see Christina Aguilera after her Moulin Rouge movie song,,, Took about 3 songs before we believed it really was her so out of shape and dark hair.

We put a lot of pressure on both Spears, Simpsons, Xtina, to look a certain way... truth is they sell more records than any band we ever loved...lol.

And to Amy... I do not doubt your comment on marketing too.. I just happen to believe The Beatles were also very much just like the NSYNC, Backsteet Boys of an erlier simpler era. Thats all.

post-5910-13819260189134_thumb.jpg

THAT IS KRISTINE AGULARA? Man, guess she's eating her profits...

Oh and I agree, KORN is talented, one of the few in the last 10 years. I'm not much of a fan as they are a little dark for me but yes, their pink floyd rendntion is awesome!

the only thing worse than that video clip is that picture of Christine aglerieryea (sp). F**Kin Michelan Man...

Agreed most of the music out today is horrible. But I'm sure there is a lot more music out there, its just that there are so few alternative (real ones) or album rock type stations out their anymore to promote it because it isn't commercial enough to sell air time (or they feel it only appeals to a very small portion. Their all after the 70% of the population, nobody cares about the other 30%.

Strangely, I've watched this clip about 20 times. It's like having your fingernails pulled out. Can't...get....enough.....pain....must......stop.....now.....

you make me wanna uh uh uh uh

you make me wanna oh oh oh oh

you made me wanna screeeeeaaaammmmmm

sounds a little like the last Jenna Jameson film I watched..