RF7s (looking to part with)

Dylanl

I have personally purchased a set of KG 5.5's from Brett 8 months ago, which are running like a champ in my bro's 2 channel system. He shipped them Via UPS to me, I had Dean G do the crossover upgrades on the KG 5.5's and they sound awesome, really clean in the treble and mids and mega bass from his Scott 299-C.

A reduction in hash and grain at low to moderate listening levels, and a substantial reduction in edginess and harshness at high SPL's. The presentation sounds smoother, richer, and more open. There is clarity without undue forwardness, and you will go out with joy, be led forth with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 1.gif

Siesmic Pulse,

If you really want the full effect, I would have all 3 of your speaker's crossovers upgraded, the C7's, 4.5 and 3.5's. Trust me, you will notice a big diffrence. Ive had Dean G do my RF-7s, my RC-7 center, my bro's KG 5.5's. You have to try to maximize your speakers and work from there, they are in fact where the final signal is to be reproduced, so it only makes since to focus a majority of your resources into them. You can have great amps and great sources and preamp, but if your speakers arent at the best performance they can be, then you will only get good sound, not Awesome sound!!!

RF7

Thanks for the input. I would like to entertain this idea depending on cost. My KLF-C7 may be up for sale in the near future. I would like to find a center to match my system better.

I also just purchased a pair of KG 1.5 for rear surrounds but I don't think I need to worry about doing this for them.

Does Dean use your existing crossover or use a completely different unit?

You speak of having great amps etc. but as you can see I currently only have an AVR-3802 that is by no mean great. My question is with this equipment would I notice a vast improvement or would the change be barely noticeable?

Thanks again

----------------

On 1/12/2005 11:30:36 AM Seismic_Pulse wrote:

RF7

Thanks for the input. I would like to entertain this idea depending on cost. My KLF-C7 may be up for sale in the near future. I would like to find a center to match my system better.

I also just purchased a pair of KG 1.5 for rear surrounds but I don't think I need to worry about doing this for them.

Does Dean use your existing crossover or use a completely different unit?

You speak of having great amps etc. but as you can see I currently only have an AVR-3802 that is by no mean great. My question is with this equipment would I notice a vast improvement or would the change be barely noticeable?

Thanks again

----------------

He takes your existing crossovers and upgrades them with top grade capacitors and resitors, he uses only your boards and posts. Everything else is upgraded. To be quite honest regarding your Denon reciever, I am not very fond of Denon and Klipsch speakers, my brother bought a Denon AVR-3805 to try out with his KG 5.5's and KV-3 center channel, it was horrible. The bass was anemic and the highs would drive a ice pick through your skull. On music and movies, the treble was very edgy and we had to turn down the treble -6 on the dial. We returned it a few days later, he is using the Scott 299-C tube amp and it is wonderful!!!

Yeah, I'm a crossover *****.1.gif

Forte, Forte II, Chorus, Chorus II, KLF-20, KLF-30, KG (various) -- all fall in around $200 or so to do a pair. Includes parts, labor, return shipping, and lifetime warranty. Reference is a little over a $100 more. They use more, as well as bigger cap values.