FS: K-horns in Florida; one and one-half day left

st. patrick

ebay auction for B style, oiled oak k-horns in florida, somewhat of a sleeper because listed as "floor" speakers. Described as KB-OO-LF. Can't (don't know how, yet) do hot link, but see # 5744009623. Opening and current price, with one bid, is $999.99

Good luck to the Floridians amongst us.

I am not connected to these no way, no how, no etc. Just happened to see them, noticed three day auction, good price but wrong coast2.gif

OO means oiled oak, that's the finish. The LF means that the serial number came from the bass bin (Low Frequency), the upper (High Frequency) sections will have similar serial numbers with -HF tagged on the end. Look pretty nice in the pics, but I don't see a claim that he has the original boxes, just that they're "boxed up." Whatever that means, he may have the original boxes.

"Boxed up" could mean "beat up" to someone from, say, England. You know, like, "Blimey, How did you get boxed-up, mate?" (Two of my grandparents were born in the UK, so I am somewhat of an authority on this.)

The way I read the add and what I see, is that he swiped a "stock" photo from somewhere (easybids.com is watermarked on the photo) and that the speakers he is selling (if he really is) are boxed for shipment. How well they are boxed up is another matter. If they are in nice shape and for real, this is a great deal!