Question for Scott 299D owners,....

126mhz

Hello All:

I am about to recieve a Scott 299D that I purchased sight unseen that has been completely redone by the same Scott Expert that I purchased it from. He mentioned that I might have the same issue with interconnects that I have had, (and solved) with my Dynaco ST70 in that the interconnect jacks are too close together for many modern interconnect jacks built today. He has offered to sell me some but I have some very high quality digital interconnects (CD being my primary playing method) that I have made with Neturik jacks and I don't want to have to buy more.

What are the rest of you using? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill Woodward

Apature, Vampire wire, Parts Express are all sources for quality cables.

Did you have to resort to the type of cables he wants to sell you?

Check online and then use the extra for some CDs.

The thre I mentioned all have quality Inter-Connects with fittings that are appropriate.

dodger

When I had the same situation with a vintage Scott, Craig, NOSValves recommended AR interconnects. They are decent quality of the correct size to use with vintage gear. I would recommend against spending any more than that to get interconnects for your new amp.

Thanks guys,

I'm assuming that you then used the AR interconntcts Craig at NOS Valves recommended. Believe me I'm hip on not spending any more that I have to especially knowing I have a couple of extra pair of very high quailty 75ohm digital interconnects with Neutrik RCA connections that I assembled waiting in the wings. If I had the amp I would simply try them, but I hate to wait until the amp arrives only to find out what I have won't work.

No I have not purchased the DH Labs BL-1 interconnects he recommends/sells. I'm sure they're fine interconncts but I still don't want to to drop another $119.00 for two meters unless I have to.

What's everyone else who own Scott 299 gear doing?

Thanks again,

Bill Woodward

----------------

On 1/23/2005 11:50:37 PM fini wrote:

I have a similar problem with this Fisher console. Which "series" of AR cables are you using? I've found good deals on AR stuff at accessories4less.

----------------

Fini,

They're the only ones BB sells! Around $20ish for a 2-meter pair if I remember correctly. Find which ones BB sells and go from there.

For reference, here are the ones I have been using. Very nice, solid connectors, but they do touch (and don't go in straight) when used side-by-side in the vintage gear. I can't use 3 in a row at all.

F3BLUE1.JPG

----------------

On 1/24/2005 10:35:46 AM fini wrote:

Is this the one? They look too fat in the picture (like the ones I have).

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/4117547_sa.jpg">

----------------

ew

Those are the ones. You know how the camera can put weight on ya.