Let's do this again: SVS PC-Ultra versus RSW12

D-Rex

Typically, dollar for dollar you can get more performance from an internet company than a brick and mortar store. The bad thing is you can't listen to it first and if you don't like it you have to pay freight to send it back. I too have not heard both subs but from what I've read, I would be hard pressed not to buy the Ultra.

----------------

On 1/24/2005 1:47:41 AM D-Rex wrote:

Okay, I have decided I can expand my budget a little more so tell me which of these two do you believe would make the best 80% HT/20% music subwoofer? Is the RSW out-classed in this battle?

Thanks,

D-Rex

----------------

No question, 80% HT...the PC-Ultra. Comes with a PEQ and frequency response would put the RSW to shame. The TV-12 driver is a tank.

No question about that,the TV12 outdisplaces the RSW12 woofer easy,plus SVS subs are in optimal size enclosures and need no EQ!

For HT an SVS Ultra will brutalise almost any competing sub using a single 12" woofer besides the Wilson Watch Dog(even more displacement at a $$$$$).The Sunfire Signature hangs in there down to 30Hz,its tiny size makes it impossible to compete with an Ultra below 30Hz.

Thanks guys! I am getting pretty pumped about finally completing my HT system with a high quality sub! So, unless a very affordable RSW just falls in my lap for virtually nothing (hey, a guy can dream) then I think the Ultra is the sub for me!

Best to all!

D-Rex