Pair of Cornwalls

oliverweagle

About 10 years years ago I came into posession of a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers due to the untimely passing of a brother-in-law. I am unable to make out much information from the identification stickers on the backs of the units, although I would presume their condition to be "fair" at least. I have worked overseas for thae last 5 years and the speakers have done little but to gather dust. What is my best recourse to find these speakers a good home? I do not have room for them, and from what I gather, those who enjoy Klipsch REALLY enjoy Klipsch! I live in Houston and, as you know, these are sizable speakers!

Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to try and attach links to some pictires I took this morning.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Oliverweagle/8e4f0954.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Oliverweagle/e45500d7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Oliverweagle/13c41370.jpg

Hello Oliver, you came to the right place I am sure you will find a taker here that would love to cherish your beloved Cornwalls.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for offering them here to forum members first. Any idea as to the finish type? Birch, Walnut, etc?

Welcome to the Forum.

We have a number of Forum Members in or near Texas.

If you could post the info you have, serial numbers - will be able to ascertain age and price, I am sure that you will have a taker that will give them a good home.

No cost to post, and as stated above, thank you for offering them here if you reply back.

dodger

Like Dodger said, the serial # will have a letter in it (if they're pre-1985ish that tells the year they were made. Later models usually begin with the year made in the4 serial #. The type of finish is deignated on the same label and will say something like: CBR which is "Cornwall Birch Raw" or CWO which is "Cornwall Walnut Oiled" or CZSL (like mine) which are "Cornwall Zebrawood Satin Laquer." There were many options. Prices are determined by year, finish, condition, etc. Pictures are critical for a quick and fair sale.

Thanks again for offering them here first. You will surely get a buyer if you post pictures and with the proper info, we'll be able to give you an idea of their value depending upon condition.

Looking through previous sales of Cornwalls on the forum, I see that the range of between $600 to $900 is within reason. I'm not going to "hold out for the best offer"and as noted earlier, the speakers have done nothing more than gather dust these last 5 years. In a nutshell, I think everyone would be happy with $600, so if that offer is made, I'll take it!