Anyone buy RP-3 mains from United Audio

DirtRider

Hi,

I need warranty service on my rp-3 mains but don't have my receipt. They were bought from united audio which got bought out by tweeter and they have no records of the sales for klipsch since they don't carry the brand anymore. Can anyone help me by faxing me a receipt? If so please reply. This is legitimate and I am not trying to get away with anything here. I spent the extra on buying from a local auth dealer so that I would be covered and cannot believe I both lost the receipt and the dealer got bought out and has no records.

Thanks

DR,

I am assuming these are Klipsch speakers. Did you Register them either thru the Mail, or online thru Klipsch? If so, try contacting Klipsch customer support.

Klipsch Home Audio Customer Service

Toll Free: 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)

Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST

E-mail: support@klipsch.com

Well the RP-3's aren't JBL 100 T3's, not even close, the woofers are probably made in China for christ's sake.

Why in the world would you complain that your replacement part is cheap? What is it a 6.5" woofer? You are the one that lost your receipt and put yourself in this situation, I would be thankful that it was only going to cost me $40 to be up and running again. Would you feel better if they told you the woofer was $120? Be happy that the amplifier in those things didn't die on you.

Otherwise you can go the other route and try to get proof that you purchased them. Asking someone else for their receipt is unethical and it would most likely have the S/N's recorded on it which would not help you anyway.

Man you are totally taking things out of context. I am glad they are cheap I just didn't want to order a part that was the wrong one. In my lifetime I have had customer service people who are uniformed send me the wrong part so I was just checking with some fellow enthusiasts to see if it was in the ballpark as I obviously had no idea. Also, it is only unethical if it is an illegitimate claim. If I am rightfully under warranty then what am I doing wrong?

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning did you?

DirtRider:

I got your meaning...you were suprized that you didn't have to pay a "KlipschTax" on the item you needed and were wondering if this could be or if you were still dreaming...I just ordered (and received) a grill for my KLF-C7...I "knew" it would be $100 bux easy with "KlipschTax"...turned out to be $51.85 delivered to my house...I wasn't clickin' my heels but it was certainly better than the "C-Note" easy I had envisioned.

Bill

----------------

On 1/25/2005 11:29:00 AM DirtRider wrote:

Man you are totally taking things out of context. I am glad they are cheap I just didn't want to order a part that was the wrong one. In my lifetime I have had customer service people who are uniformed send me the wrong part so I was just checking with some fellow enthusiasts to see if it was in the ballpark as I obviously had no idea. Also, it is only unethical if it is an illegitimate claim. If I am rightfully under warranty then what am I doing wrong?

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning did you?

----------------

Welcome to the Forum.

Dirt Rider the point of being unethical is who would send you a receipt.

I've owned Klipsch for 30 years plus. Just a thought - not criticizing, pay by credit card, staple receipt, Credit card statement to your owner manual and note on the manual when, where and how paid for.

The Parts Department is reliable.

It does stink that one can't find needed things when actually needed.

Also who would have predicted 2 takeovers.

But things happen. If perchance you did pay by Credit card see if you can get a copy.

I do that and make sure the sales clerk writes down what is actually purchased and serial numbers on both store and Credit Card receipt. That way you have plenty of back-up.

If you described the speaker correctly, you received the correct pricing. A lot of companies put unreal pricing on replacement drivers.

If you buy it from Klipsch have the part number and price verified at that point again.

I wish you the best. And by the way, Klipsch Administators and Moderators can read this Board.

So it's not because of that that we stay in compliance, it's actually another member may forward the post to them. That's part of why prices are lower - fewer fraud claims. No, I am not saying that yours is fraud. But others may try. Then we all pay for it.

dodger

I just got klipsch to send me two new grills for my RP-5s which i purchased from Onecall. I contacted Onecall and they verified i purchased it from them and made the call to klipsch. The grills are on the way. No receipt needed. Although this is a cheap repair i still would contact tweeter again and talk to someone else. If not send an email to thier corporate headquarters.

Well I have been blown away by klipsch support as I spoke to them this afternoon. The rep agreed under the circumstances (trying to provide whatever I had to identify myself as having bought them legitimately and the fact that the store that was bought out was only a couple miles from my home address) that he would ship me a replacment woofer absolutely free!!! I didn't even try to talk him into it but he offered on his own. I have never been treated so kindly and been given the benefit of the doubt in such as way as this. What most companies fail to realize these days is that many of the claims are legit and spending just a little bit as in this case is such goodwill that they have just gained a customer for life. Now whoever I talk to about home theater will get an earful about how great not only their product is but also their service. They can be assured of more business from me and my friends. I am so surprised to have received such service. KEEP ON KLIPSCH!

$40 sounds about right for this driver. I had the RP-5s and sold them on ebay. The buyer emailed me and said the driver was crushed on one of the speakers. I checked the price and they wanted $55 for the driver(8" instead of 6.5"). I got the driver through other channels, but the point is, it was only $55, so $40 sounds about right for the 6.5".