Heresy - small or large???

dr-dezibel

Start out by setting your speakers to small (assuming you have a sub) and crossover to 80Hz. Set the LFE to sub only and listen to a movie soundtract or two and get a feel for what you are hearing. You can then tweak and change settings, having a base setting to compare to.

Yes Indy, that's what I did. Start everything to Large and Sub only.

Play a good movie chapter then switch your setting to small and listen

to the same chapter again. You will probable do this many time. Set it

to what sounds the best to you. I ended up on my set up to small for

all speaker and sub only.

----------------

On 2/7/2005 2:10:24 PM gcoker wrote:

I ended up on my set up to small for

all speaker and sub only.

----------------

Which is the configuration most end up with, regardless of your speaker type, brand or size. HT just really works well in this configuration if you have a capable sub. With this setup, the sub is doing what it does most effectively and the mains are doing what they were built to do most effectively and efficiently. It's all a matter of personal preference, but that's a good working configuration.

I dont know, in my HT i have all my speakers set to large, and the bass output of those and the sub sounds great, especially in movies like LoTR:RoTK, when you hear that heartbeat, all my channels were putting out deep deep bass, gotta love a speaker thats capable of 40 hz and lower.

small, if you have Khorns\Belles\Scala's up front, my HerseyII's are set small in the rears on my Marantz A\V Receiver...small..10.gif

Never do AUTO, manually, trust me..get a Radio Shack db meter and set it yourself..2.gif

Hersey's up front, large, but better be matching all around IMO...10.gif