Klipsch Black Grill Cloth Needed

tigerwoodKhorns

I need some black grill cloth that will match my K-Horns. I just emailed Wendel Fabricks for a quote but I knwo that their fabrick is not an exact match.

I need to four pieces about 46" x 16".

If anyone has some that they woudl like to sell, please let me know (or if anyone knows where to get cloth that matches the Klipsch stuff better than the Wendell Product.

Thanks,

Chris

----------------

On 2/10/2005 6:39:55 AM Al Klappenberger wrote:

Guys,

I have a sample of Wendell Fabrics DA-3555 21. It is very close to Klipsch black grill.

AL K.

----------------

I got samples of the Wendell fabrick a few years ago and it felt like plastic while the K Horn stuff feels like a really uncomfortable cheap scratchy wool suit (I want the scratchy wool suit feel -I don't think that my K Horns will mind).

I don't see the DA-3555 21 on their website.

I was considering the DN4912-21. Is this what you are refering to? It is very similar but has teh plasticy feel and has some fine clear fibers that look white.

http://www.wendellfabrics.com/grille2.html

Thanks,

Chris

The number that Al provided you is what you want. Klipsch did not always use the same fabric it did change slightly over the years.

The stuff I got matches the cloth on my '88 Khorn's perfectly, but differs a little from the cloth on my '77's so the fabric style did change some over the years.

Duracrest calls it #17 as listed above, and they get the fabric from Wendell I had to call them with that specific number and request a sample. The sample was essentially an identical match to the cloth on my '88's so I bought 4 yds. They have a minimum buy amount and you get dinged a fee for buying less but the width is 72" I still have the 4yd+ roll wrapped in plastic untouched. It was like $100 or so for it.

I am going to use it to replace the nasty old cane grillwork on my '62 Cornwalls so they match all my other Klipsch speakers.

----------------

On 2/10/2005 2:29:21 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Well if you haven't figured it out yet Wendell Fabrics probably supplies these folks as they do Duracrest. Give them a call and I bet that is the case. You've got the number you need if you choose not to use it that is your call.

----------------

Wendell is the way to go. They want $16.95 per yard at 72" wide. NewFoam was $30 per yard at 36" wide, or 4 times the cost!!

The stuff AL recommended is not pictured or listed on their site, but they do have it.

Chris

Wendel Fabrics has a minimum amount you have to buy--5 yards, I believe, plus others costs plus quite a bit for shipping. The worst part about dealing with them is that they act like they don't know what you're talking about when you say "Klipsch." You may or may not get exactly what you need when you deal with them, and the risk is all yours.

DuraCrest on the other hand, used to make the grilles for Klipsch, and Ralph can get you exactly what you want (exact match), in the amount you want (no minimum order), and much cheaper per yard (I remember paying something around $12.95/yd. last year).

You guys can dance around with Wendel Fabrics and take your chances and overpay if you want, but a word to the wise is sufficient.

----------------

On 2/10/2005 3:46:20 PM Hardhead wrote:

Wendel Fabrics has a minimum amount you have to buy--5 yards, I believe, plus others costs plus quite a bit for shipping. The worst part about dealing with them is that they act like they don't know what you're talking about when you say "Klipsch." You may or may not get exactly what you need when you deal with them, and the risk is all yours.

DuraCrest on the other hand, used to make the grilles for Klipsch, and Ralph can get you exactly what you want (exact match), in the amount you want (no minimum order), and much cheaper per yard (I remember paying something around $12.95/yd. last year).

You guys can dance around with Wendel Fabrics and take your chances and overpay if you want, but a word to the wise is sufficient.

----------------

Too late, I already ordered the fabric that AL recommended.

Wendel had a 2 yard minimum ($16.95 per yard at 72" wide - this was 1/4th the price of newfoam) plus $10 handling and freight. Hunter Watson from Wendel called me for the order and said that freight was extra. I didn't want to get into the attorney argument with him about how the phrase "$10 handling and freight" on its face includes shipping charges. I thing he meant $10 Handling plus freight. I placed the order anyway.

Chris

DO NOT BUY FROM WENDELL FABRICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my invoice. They charged more for shipping and handling than they did for the fabric! $33.90 for fabric and $36.60 for shipping and handling.

I canceled my order. I wondered why he would not tell me how much shipping was and insisted on faxing an invoice.

Chris