HELP!!!!!!!

Dave217

Dave,there is no reason I can think of that adding the Klipsch to you're set up would cause it to shut off at 1/3 volume other than lack of power.Have you tried to hook up only the Klipsch to the front speaker outputs to see what happens?Are all your wires good?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, maybe you should email Klipsch service department and have them take a look at them. This doesn't sound right. I have A lot of Klipsch speakers and one thing that I can say for all of them from the Promedia 2.1s right on up to the Klioschorns, they can get LOUD and cleanly without a lot of power. s-2s are just about as efficient as Heresys and Heresys can light up with an SI-5 chip amp on batteries.

Rick

Dave i have three boys and they have hard time telling me about thier car problems cause they never learned the words for the problem. You need to hang out around here and read as much as you can then ask about the problem again.When you say ,,they blow,,,do you mean they stop working or they sound bad but sounded ok at lower volume?Did you make sure the wiring was right? Seems to me something is not right and its not the speakers i dont think unless you already fried the tweeters.Can you borrow someones speakers or someones reciever?Just to give you an idea i got 24 watts going to Heresys and if i put the volume knob at 9 to 10 oclock position it will rock your world and same reciever hooked to LaScalas...well look out,,lol.Rick

IT is awsome i took the speaker apart put i9t back together then it sounded wierd so at frist i tried a new wire nothing... then i took the tweeter apart again and realized i had never pluged it into its inputs. lol dumb me. i left the wire and wen i checked it sounded awsome it can go to 90% but then it starts to blow the speakers. but for me 75% just rigth for me. so it all works

• Klipsch Employees

Hey Dave,

Welcome to the forum and Klipsch...

My guess is that the horn is not working on your speakers....(as the guys say, your amp and you turning the volume up past half way is most likely why you have a problem)

To get replacement parts you need to talk to your dealer (where you got the speakers) for warranty info.

If they are not in warranty, we can help you get the parts to fix them.

1-800-554-7724 parts dept.

DONT USE ANYTHING BUT KLIPSCH PARTS...ANYTHING ELSE WILL NOT WORK AS IT SHOULD!

Part# 129068

MSRP is $29.03

TWEETER

Good luck

If you need help, give me a call.

Trey Cannon

Engineering, Klipsch Audio Tech

1-800-554-7724 ext 8520

----------------

On 2/11/2005 5:23:53 PM Dave217 wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the **** (did not cuss) are you talekn about, in school i am the most knowing about speakers and still cant understand you guys!!!!!! CAnt i just change some peaces in my speakers?
----------------