Type B "Cornwall" Schematic

texican58

LOL!

Don't even let me know that! I'm building this for a Texas neighbor, and am using stock Klipsch caps (poly -- 2ufs in parallel + a single 2uf for the tweeter)and an autoformer. I have seemingly 15 or so woofer iductors from former AL networks, so those are easy to come by.

I just finished the network, but need the terminal strip from our friendly Radio Shack -- which just happens to be next door to Starbucks. Perfect for a Saturday morning!

Erik

Got it! Thanks Mike and Bob. The PDF file is only coming part way through for me, though.

Ok. Both of these are easy to do, but is there any documentation or history of the preferred design? I know some who prefer higher order networks to simple 6db/octave designs, but have no experience with respect to the Cornwall. The type B is already done, and if I had an extra autoformer on hand could do the B2 so comparisons between the two could be made. I think this is going to be used as the network for a third channel Cornwall, so it's probably best that it match the type used in the main stereo pair.

I appreciate the help,

Erik

Erik,

The type B is for the original Cornwall configuration using the K-77, K-55V and K-33. A variety of driver combinations were used in the early 80s and I think some of the crossover designs were to accomodate those drivers. Several threads on the forum have attempted to figure out what the history of these changes was but I am not sure it was ever completely hashed out.

I believe Charles mentioned having 6 versions of the Type B crossover schematic and that he doesn't have all of them.

Bob

This kinda confirms to what Bob is trying to explain I suppose...

I have Jazman's old '83 Cornwall's. They use the K-51V with the K-77 and K-33E. Well....fostex.....

They have the B2 network with oil caps for the 20 uF and the 3 uF spots in the network, the 2 uF spot for the tweeter are some sort or square black 250 volt poly caps from what I can guess.

I swapped 'em for 600 volt Aerovox oils, the rest were Aerovox, why not.......

I'm in a small room, and the more laid back sound of the oil cap helped me in the nearfield over the black poly whatever caps..to me.

I'm having pretty good fun results with my homemade bass-reflex cabinets with cheap 10 inch woofers run full-range using JBL 075's on top. I found some T-pads (uh,oh.. ; ) and can get those tweeters dialed-in now. It's not bad with the 300B amp, I can do the 30 Hz techno beats no problem.

I still want the UT 3636's, just gotta get up the cash.

post-6643-13819261766504_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all of you that replied/helped.

I've already spoken w/ Eric (fellow-Texan) and he's got it all covered. I'm sure that once I have all the components (still looking for the K-33, K-55, and K-77), this project will be well worth the effort.

I'll post the pix once this thing is complete.

Thanks, all.

texican58