K-Horn/Peach/VRD session at Andy's

AndyKubicki

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOPS Forgot to charge the batteries in my camera, guess I'll buy new on the way. Yeah I am really excited about this, I have never met anyone before in person either. I have done business with a couple but the closest I ever got to meeting anyone was talking to Al K. on the phone when I reordered my crossover kits. Hats off to Andy for hosting this.

Have fun boys! Don't forget to report back with lot of pictures.

Smilin,

Good to see you around. Are you now Klipsch-less? I've been following your digital path on A'gon. A few questions...Have you heard the emm gear yet? What unit is Wright modding for you??

kev

----------------

On 2/20/2005 12:04:11 PM J.4knee wrote:

OOPS Forgot to charge the batteries in my camera, guess I'll buy new on the way. Yeah I am really excited about this, I have never met anyone before in person either. I have done business with a couple but the closest I ever got to meeting anyone was talking to Al K. on the phone when I reordered my crossover kits. Hats off to Andy for hosting this.

----------------

Your webcam runs on batteries? Wow! 2.gif

OK, gotta run. The forklift driver just got here and he is ready to load the VRD's into the car.

2.gif

See you all at 1PM. 3.gif

I don't have a camera, digital or film, so hopefully we'll take plenty of pics with one of your guys' cameras.

Closest I ever came to meeting anyone from this forum is chatting with Winford (Dodger) over the phone several times. One time he was nice enough to help me out with something while enduring a head-splitting migraine!

OH YEAH! And are we just bringing CD's to demo, or will there be a turntable there too? After all, we're listening to tubes and Khorns, right?

Oh boy! This was fun! My head and ears are spinning. before I say anything, I must hook my Scott back up and give it a listen again, just for a frame of referrence. We did not have the Scott hooked up earlier. Tom and Jim had the good cameras, so I'm sure the pics will be uploaded soon as they get time. It's great to actually meet the faces and personalities behind the posts and avitars...Tom, Wayne, Jim & the Mrs, Nick...all very nice people with an appreciation for music as our common bond. It's too bad we can't just have a giant Klipsch party and meet more faces and personalities..

My total compliments to Craig and Mark for superbly designed equipment (except for those terrible looking transformers on the VRDs, sheesh! Those are UGLY! They're so ugly that they affected the sound!6.gif ). But Tom tells me that the new ones are nicer 9.gif

Frist, a big THANK YOU! to Andy and his wonderful wife for having us over and generaly making a mess of her nice home with car loads of audio gear, sorry.

Second, Andy, I had a camera also and it looks like I am first to post pics!

This one is Andy looking at the instructions for his crossovers after I mentioned that the highs just did not seem to be there. He reconected the crossovers and everything was great!

post-14862-13819261814614_thumb.jpg

One of the first things I noticed with the Peach/VRD combo was that the sweet spot widened! That was not something I expected. I would have thought the separation in the Scott was great, but it was much better with the P/V combo. Stravinsky's Firebird with all its glorious transients was handled flawlessly, the bass drum's vibrations could almost be counted, if one can count that fast. After the initial music, we started swapping things out and that's where the focus was more on sources, but more later...

There was something else that was made apparent to me today. Some of you may remember that I often complained of a hum and noise from my 222D, particularly in the evening. Well, all the equipment had some amount of the same noise, which tells me my house wiring SUCKS! I need to move to a newer house with better wiring and a higher cieling for my KHorns to breathe...