K-Horn/Peach/VRD session at Andy's

AndyKubicki

Greetings!

On Sunday, Feb 20 at 1:00 PM Tom will bring over his Peach and VRD mono blocks for a listen on my K-Horns. Anyone in So. Cal Orange County area who wants to attend please email me directly. Unfortunately, I need to keep the size of the group down to 4-6 people as my place is small as is the sweet spot. Please email me at KubickiAndy@Adelphia.net or Andyyyy@aol.com .

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao!!!......jeez Rick, Andy may not want to follow through with this gathering after your comments. And for what it's worth, the Cal Tech seismograph is much, much closer to my house. I live in Pasadena. 2.gif

I am thinking about taking my Sony SACD player(s). I could bring my 333ES, 222ES (SACDmods.com), or both if Andy wants me too.

I think he's in for a real treat. Irregardless of how he likes my gear, it's going to be one heck of a lot of fun finally getting to meet Andy in person. We have been trying to get together for over 6 months.

I am curious to find out what some others think of the VRD's and Peach after they have a chance to hear them. I already know what my thoughts are. 9.gif

Remember guys, the Peach is a linesatge only preamp. Maybe I'll bring my Mapletree too since it has a phone section. That way Andy can soin up some vinyl with the VRD's. 2.gif

That's it...Though I prefer Laughlin to Vegas... If I really like the VRD and Peach combo we'll go to Laughlin to the Black Jack tables...maybe I could win enough loot to get my own VRD/Peach combo... but then again, what if I loose...hmmmm....

Tom, that's right...JPL is right there too, eh? You live in an interesting area...

If it is anything like what I heard at GaryMD's, you are in for a treat. The Bluberry and (Dynaco Mark III or) VRD combo is just magic. As you may have read, there was a similar gathering at Gary's recently. The undisputed champeen was the NOSvalved III out of a four way match. But I think that match was maybe tilted to compatibility issues that just happened to work, especially with vinyl. Perhaps the NOSIII is a sleeper! Anyway, have fun.

----------------

On 2/15/2005 12:22:34 AM AndyKubicki wrote:

Tom,

Bring anything you wish. I would love to hear the Sony sources you have, especially with the mods. I just don't want to overburden you with all that equipment...maybe someone else wants to bring a CD player?----------------

I'll bring at least one of my players.

I am thinking about bringing my Mapletree too. It has a phono section. Just in case you want to hear some of your vinyl with the VRD's. 2.gif As I am sure you know, the Peach is a trimode linestage preamp.