K-Horn/Peach/VRD session at Andy's

AndyKubicki

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, do me and yourselves a favor...

I've been rolling different output tubes into the VRD's lately, namely some EL-34 variants and I have been loving the sound and results of different tubes. If you guys have some time and different tubes lying around that others can bring, I would love to hear some reviews on everyones opinions of different output tubes in the VRD's. I am sure a good bit of power tubes could be scrounged up for this party if many attend to do some A-B'ing and let us VRD owners know what is good out there to purchase.

Bob

Pirahna,

I would love to know how your Sony 222ES modded sounds stacked up against your 333ES.

I have a 333ES that took a major dump on me laser wise and in turn got a sweet deal on a 222ES that I currently use. Out of the two right now I would say I liked the 333ES better sound wise, but as I said it is inop at the moment.

Do you think me spending the coin on a 222ES mod would bring it above the sound of my stock 333ES I had?

Bob

Hey Edwin, Dee, yeah...I'm purely a solid state and reference guy so far, never before entered the world of heritage or tubes. So this should be a REAL eye opener, figuratively and literally.

Pirahna, you're right. I own RF7's, 2 pairs in fact, along with RF5's, RF35's, RB5II's, RC-7, and RC-35. Good memory!

Andy, if you guys are still in need of one, I could bring my CD player? It's a Classe CDP-10, and I use it with a PS Audio xStream powercable. I also use PS Audio XLR's with it, but I have Kimber Hero RCA's if that's better? Let me know if you want me to bring it, k?

----------------

On 2/15/2005 2:32:42 PM HeritageBob wrote:

Pirahna,

I would love to know how your Sony 222ES modded sounds stacked up against your 333ES.

I have a 333ES that took a major dump on me laser wise and in turn got a sweet deal on a 222ES that I currently use. Out of the two right now I would say I liked the 333ES better sound wise, but as I said it is inop at the moment.

Do you think me spending the coin on a 222ES mod would bring it above the sound of my stock 333ES I had?

Bob

----------------

I don't know if it's all that cost effective. They are very similar in sound after the mods. Personally I think I'd try and pick up a used, or b stock 333ES. Hope this helps.

----------------

On 2/15/2005 9:51:10 PM AndyKubicki wrote:

Nick,

Go ahead and bring the CDP if you don't mind. Tom is mainly interested in hearing the amps through KHorns, I'm interested in the amps and the Sony CDPs, but if I can check yours out as well why not?
----------------

Are you starting your hoo haw at 8AM now? 9.gif2.gif

I was kidding and just saying that because of all the gear that seems to be coming. What time do you plan to end it? I only ask because after it's over I will need to take my gear back up to Pasadena, drop it off, pick up a suitcase, and then drive out to Vegas on Sunday night. I have business in Vegas at 8AM sharp on Monday. 14.gif

Maybe everyone should bring one piece of gear, and one CD or LP. Kind of like a potluck. I'm sorry I'm so far away (CA is a big ol' state!), or I'd be showin' up with a piece myself (Fisher console9.gif )...