Klipsch Buys Jamo

Indyjeep

----------------

On 2/21/2005 7:37:02 PM scott0527 wrote:

----------------

On 2/21/2005 4:49:41 PM dodger wrote:

----------------

On 2/21/2005 12:15:06 PM Maron Horonzak wrote:

Dodger....What makes you think Klipsch Ink. wants to sell that division? What would you call that company? Where would your distributership come from? Would it be called the Dodgerhorn?

----------------

Sorry Maron, today I don't have the best sense of humour.

What I am saying is if Mr Hall can disclose, how many new Heritage Line Speakers were sold in eith 2003 or 2004.

dodger
----------------

Somewhere in a thread a few weeks ago, Trey mentioned they sell about as many Heritage speakers annually as Rolls Royce or Hummer(not the H2 mind you) sells cars. That would be in the range of about 1000 from some of the Rolls and Hummer data I checked out. Don't know if Trey was talking individual speakers or pairs.

I'd probably buy a new set of Heritage(Hersey to replace the little Triangles in my den) if I didn't live 120 miles from the nearest Heritage retailer. I'm such an "internet" consumer anymore, I usually know what I want and can only find it a million miles from where I live.

----------------

Now, I live in NYS - which is just a *tad* on the densely populated side. I would wager that a prospective buyer CANNOT find a single new Heritage speaker ready for audition ANYWHERE in the major markets of Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany or Binghamton.

How the devil can a company hope to sell that which is simply unavailable for all but the most ardent/determined purchasers?

Again, from the cynical marketing side... those little Bose garbage speakers take up a LOT less floor/warehouse space than big cabinets like Cornwall, Forte, Heresy. Less raw materials = greater profits too.

I had the "pleasure" to listen, just yesterday in fact, to one of Carter's resume projects. There was a home theater demo set up in BJ's Wholesale Club of the Lifestyles system - as I noted at AudioKarma, those little plastic-ey speakers sounded like, well, little plastic-ey speakers. Bose hasn't quite yet found a bypass to the basic laws of physics.

This is NOT a direction that any company that deems itself "hi fi", such as Klipsch would want to head in. I can think that the only people buying these Bose setups are those who have only heard sound through their tv speakers and get their audio info primarily from Paul Harvey. LOL.

I don't actually see how the Bose system is any technically better than the $200-400 Home Theater in a box setups - the only thing that's clearly superior is the $1200-$1300 price tag. I've noticed also that frequency response curves/specs for the "Lifestyles" and other Bose systems aren't readily found at the Bose websites.

Let's look at this another way - To see Klipsch tap Bose's hi fidelity 'saavy' this way is, IMO, analogous to a Mobil Four Star restaurant putting out feelers for a replacement executive chef at the local diners and greasy spoons.

All I can say is John Carter better come up with something sonically spectacular to convince the skeptics like me of his pedigree. More "plastic fantastic" ain't gonna cut it. Or more simply put - "I'm from Missouri... show me!"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/22/2005 8:40:37 AM DeanG wrote:

I say make it a separate and distinct division of Klipsch Technologies. Call it HeritageWorks® or something. Offer knockdown kits for all the Heritage speakers including the Jubilee. Include services for various types of custom work. Hire a cranky old bastard to run the thing, someone who stops the show everytime the glue drips where it isn't supposed to.

----------------

Yeah man! Knock down ChorusII's? I'd like a second pair....