klipsch is going to make me deaf

myriadcorp

----------------

On 2/24/2005 10:20:16 AM bchild311 wrote:

You must be playing Doom 3 or Half Life 2, no? If any of you gamers out there haven't experienced Doom 3 with the Promedia 5.1's you are missing quite a thing. I've never been so jumpy playing video games before. The sound is unbelievable...

----------------

Hey bchild311:

Good to see you posting.

Though I am only a 2 channel, since people are recommending investments - Hearing Aids.

My wife works for a non-profit Hearing and Speech Center.

17 year old boy - always wore Headphones. Let's keep this to ourselves and retire early... I am retired. Well I hope that you could make some from investing.

Take Care, Welcome Back.

dodger

I was also wondering what that knob was used for. The same glue that got my *** stuck to my chair, by accident got on that knob. I can hear music and movies just fine, I just can't hear a word my wife is saying. The last thing that I thought she said was "Get your butt up, and turn that down!" But who would ask such a stupid question, so I blew her off. I am still here in my chair with the music cranked up, I am not sure where my wife is? Mabey if I could of heard anything she said, I would..................OH who cares!! Turn it up, and get me a beer!!!!

I've been wearing hearing aides for the last two years. My hearing loss is mostly due to playing in bands and DJing for 20+ years. I'm sure however that the volume of my Klipsch speakers doesn't help matters any. I guess I come from the old school of thought that all that classic rock was meant to be played loud. Just can't seem to help myself.