So who fancies a drink? Opening on a friday again....

maxg

----------------

On 2/25/2005 10:14:16 AM maxg wrote:

We've done up the exterior a bit to give it that traditional Ole English pub look.

"<a
http://www.dooliedesign.co.uk/watford_new/images/full_size/horns_1_2002.jpg">

the stuff I find.....now who will join me in a Whiskey (with ice - I am such a softy!!)

----------------

Is this yours?

WOW

Still have some meds to finish for the Diverticulitis, but will join for a Baileys, Chambourd or a wine.

That looks great.

Win

Is that your HOME? Love the steetside look. Very cozy and welcoming. Unfortunately, I consumed my allowable portion of Jack Daniels at an early age. Got a Diet Coke and a pool table around? Good cigar (smoked outside of course)?

Max, I value your judgement, have you had chance to view General/visit to Colter's place? I posted some photos of my constant work-in-progress.

Michael

Welcome all - and no, sadly that is not my home - I pinched it off the net (yahoo picture search) but it seemed very apropos to our little bar.

OK - its happy hour...actually lets make that ecstatic 30 minutes - all drinks are free till 6:00 PM Athens time.

Now I am off to the General forum - but I cant remember why - oh yes - colterphoto post - if I can find it. The General Forum is the Dark Side to me....

3d,

Jameson coming up. Not sure about this diet thing though - jsut stay off the nuts.

Michael,

Why you value my opinion god only knows, but as I am not one to let a complete absence of qualification get in the way of expressing an option.

As follows:

Bloody clever use of space! If it works sonically - as it appears to do from the comments it definitely qualifies as a job well done.

Couple of questions though (I didnt read through all the posts - so apologies if you have already answered this one). How did you get the speaker cable passed the fireplace? Do you use the fireplace? No worries over charred cables?

You definitely earned a free drink of your choice!

As for my place - this is the thing we are building on the island.

initialapproachbyboat1.JPG

Light was failing so it doesnt look nearly as good as it does in real life.

I am hovering between wealth and bankrupcy with this damn thing.

----------------

On 2/25/2005 10:14:16 AM maxg wrote:

We've done up the exterior a bit to give it that traditional Ole English pub look.

"<a
http://www.dooliedesign.co.uk/watford_new/images/full_size/horns_1_2002.jpg">

the stuff I find.....now who will join me in a Whiskey (with ice - I am such a softy!!)

----------------

That looks like the pub on the front cover of Ringo Starr's first solo album. Can't put my hands on my copy right now to verify though.

"Anyone out there want to buy an auto repair business?"

No thanks. Been there done that! 7.gif

Retirement is sweet, but boring. Once again Max please.

Take the nuts away. If a squirrel comes in, I'd be in trouble.6.gif Squirrels are like bears, you can't escape them by climbing a tree.

I've got so many of those bushy tail rats around that I'm going to plow under my strawberries. They get them all!8.gif

Between them and the whitetail rats, they eat everything that grows except the weeds.15.gif

Rick

Max - half a dozen Mythos in a bar down in Glyfada watching the soccer tonight sounds just fine to me.

What island are you building on? Looks great - looks unspoilt for this part of the world. Are you setting up a tourist venture or are you going to have the place to yourselves?

----------------

On 2/25/2005 11:53:33 AM 3dzapper wrote:

No thanks. Been there done that! 7.gif

Actually, if it weren't for employee problems, overly demanding customers, increasing parts prices, skyrocketing health insurance costs, skyrocketing workmans comp premiums, long hours, low pay and the never ending "improvements" in automotive design and construction, it wouldn't be too bad.

You know the definition of an automotive engineer?

A guy that would climb over six naked women to screw over one mechanic.

6.gif

How about another, max? And don't let me see the bottom of the glass for an hour. Thanks.

Thanks Max, it's a natural gas fireplace and the cable runs just under the metal screen. There is a natural draft of hot air from inlet vents behind sub, out through the top fan shaped vent, so the firebox stays fairly cool.

Other cables are around the perimeter, got to get them all in the attic or crawl spaces this spring. Wanted to let the furniture and room usage situation settle in before committing to boring holes through 1" of plaster for cabling. THen more insulation. Should have about 14" in this climate, there was 2" when I moved in. That would explain the $400 Gas bills to heat this monster.

Is that whole rambling bit your 'home'? That is massive! I'm just a simple midwest boy. $500 Cornwalls is all I can afford. Can't hope of ever keeping up with some of you guys.

Michael

Jimmy,

The island is called Palaio Trikeri - at the end of pilio - the very end. Unspoilt is not the word - virgin territory is the word. The island is great - no cars, no mopeds or any motorized transport. No clubs, no bars - just 2 tabernas and a shop for essentials.

I plan to retire there - but the winter population is 4 (not including me!).

Colter - no that is not my home either - it is a development of 16 properties I am building with a partner to sell. So far we have agreed sales on 4 but not completed any of them. God I hope we do soon - money is thinner than my hair right now - buying a TT for my birthday was probably not the brightest idea.

Ah well - the only thing to do is....buy a round!

So who's glass needs freshening?

Guest Anonymous

Max, you are a ways a way from me! and there was a time that I thought anti-paxi was small with a booming population of 10! I'm not sure what the population of Paxos is anymore, but thats where I plan to meet my end hehehe..... anyways your a whiskey man huh? i am a karella 44 man myself, but to each his own! do you ahve pics of your bar? if not you should get some up here!

Well, a couple new items. I was at lunch, having a beer and a pizza, and saw the Bookers bottle behind the bar. Thought about giving it a try, never had one before, but since we had a closing on a mortage at 1:30, I thought better of it. However, the owner informed me that they were going to be doing some new product testing later in the afternoon, I should stop by and check out some of the new item menus. Did the closing, which had a glitch, as usual, but got done and went back for a beer and some new food. Which I DID NOT need, was still full from lunch, but what the heck. Had a slice each of the pesto pizza, the steak and cheese pizza, the chicken club pizza, and some green chilli sauce with chips. And a Bookers. Rocks and water. Very smooth, but deffinatly had some strength to it. Good stuff. I might have to get a bottle to keep around the house, especially with my dad coming up next week, he's a Makers Mark guy, but sure he'd like this as well. Thanks to Allan for the recommendation.

Second item: Now that I'm another 1/4 million in debt, have had a couple beers and some 130 (?) proof bourban, I'm MUCH more prepared to have my little chat with the employees. Wondering if I shouldn't go have another shot before I do, just to make sure I'm in the mood to chew some new buttholes!!