svs PB-12

Randyman

HI was interested in buying this svs sub the pb-12 I have a 22 by 24 ft room and klf 30s Ihave a bps 400 mirage right now but keep having speakers go out on me

when it works right its great it was one of those off the floor deals at tweater you know one that everybody and ther brother comes in to play with in the show room it keeeps up real nice with my 30s when it works but i'm tired of getting it fixed so my Qustion is well the pb-12 from svs make me just as happy???? come on klipsch bros help me out here?? the bp12 is my price range --------- HELP thanks Randyman4.gif

Hi thanks Ijust got off the phone with svs now i'm thinking about getting 2 of 16-46 pci the cylender type was wonedring what you guys think ? Will that be

enought bass for the klf 30's when turning up the volume on music ?? Iknow they will prob, be fine for movies Remember trying to stay in that price range .

Thanks again you guys who replyed for your help

The PCi subs are good economical subs if you are willing to live with their size (a 46" tall tube).

The only additional opinion I could offer is the fact that these will dig A LOT deeper than your existing sub... maybe too much. I think some people get carried away with having the lowest possible cutoff point (-3db at16Hz in this case)... and trade off some efficiency for it, esp in the audible region. The 20Hz version is more than capable enough for most music and movies... but gives you a smaller tube and gets you more output (SPL).

But we don't all have the same needs...

Rob

thanks to all who replyed i guess I would like the bass in the louder freqency range more with the klf 30's with bass down at least 20 hz to 25 hz and being able to hear and feel them at loud levels its hard to keep the volume knob down with those speakers thay just sound excellent at loud volumes I want the sub slamming along with them so i guess i would like the loudess svs sub in that price range becuase I'm sure they all go deep enought for music there 95% for music 5% movies Thanks again all of you going to see which one svx recommends KLIPSCH got to love um

thanks to all who replyed i guess I would like the bass in the louder freqency range more with the klf 30's with bass down at least 20 hz to 25 hz and being able to hear and feel them at loud levels its hard to keep the volume knob down with those speakers thay just sound excellent at loud volumes I want the sub slamming along with them so i guess i would like the loudess svs sub in that price range becuase I'm sure they all go deep enought for music there 95% for music 5% movies Thanks again all of you going to see which one svs recommends KLIPSCH got to love um

Bonedoc. I don't hear the difference in quality of bass between the 2 like some people say they can. Of the 2 I thought I would be impressed more with the Ultra tube than the + box. Boy was I wrong. The PB is truly an impressive sub. Industrial, damaging, powerful, all come to mind when trying to describe it. Jeeeez is another one. The Ultra driver is no doubt a more capable driver than the + driver, but when you compare 2 plus drivers and allmost double the wattage to only 1 Ultra with half the wattage.... you get the picture. I like the PEQ on the Ultra, I wish the PB had one. If I could only have one sub between the two, it would be the box.

----------------

On 3/3/2005 2:32:42 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I am sure the SVS forum is a place that you could get more answers......Oh, wait they dont have their own forum....

Now if you ask how a KLIPSCH sub would work for you, I am sure we could help with that.

----------------

Gee Trey,

Maybe you should get this guys phone number, call the guy and offer to sell him a sub. Tell him you have some in the basement and you'll get back to him as soon as you "check them out", to be sure one is in perfect condition. Then.....and here's the funny part.....you never contact the guy again and ignore his e-mails and private messages. Just leave him hanging!!! That would be so cool!!! Don't ya' think?.....No really....DON'T YOU THINK???

By the way, I found some tweeters. Thanks anyway.....11.gif

----------------

On 3/3/2005 2:32:42 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I am sure the SVS forum is a place that you could get more answers......Oh, wait they dont have their own forum....

----------------

Try the HOMETHEATERSPOT. That's as close to a forum as they have. The owners will post there also from time to time although I've never seen them bash a Klipsch sub. I enjoy reading posts on both sites, I've learned a lot.

HI how would the rsw15 work with the klf 30's ?

I know that will cost abit more then the svs sub Iwas thinking about getting I know and love klipsh products maybe I should just stay with Klipsch products??? would the rsw 15 be the one to look at to match the klf 30's ??????

thanks for the replys

----------------

On 3/3/2005 3:49:27 PM CAS wrote:

Uh oh. The jig is up.

I haven't had that feeling since my mother caught me spray painting my bike in the basement family room 20 years ago.
9.gif

----------------

hehe. c'mon, now. were you spray-painting the bike, or "huffing"? ............................ or both?

2.gif