Need VRD pictures

Audio Flynn

Those look really great, Craig, and very nicely wired.

The Welborne chassis are perfect for them! Are you sealing the top plate, or just leaving them polished?

Depending on individual preferences, one could even experiment with various shapes of feet underneath -- for example four round rubber feet as opposed to four square ones for improved low end response. Actually, most amps can benefit from tweaks like that. Lighter stains on the chassis have also been known to increase soundstage width and depth -- not dramatically, mind you, but just enough to make a difference.

Eric,

I don't use the Welbourne chassis anymore I have them custom built and slightly different demensions. The top plate are polished brushed stainless steal now no need to be coated as far as I know. I bet if they were it would put a coated and layered effect to the sound stage though Hmmmmmmm

Craig

"Lighter stains on the chassis have also been known to increase soundstage width and depth -- not dramatically, mind you, but just enough to make a difference."

And Zebrawood is a disaster no doubt!

Cool looking amps Craig. Is there a 240 Volt/50 Hz AC version in the works?

----------------

On 3/1/2005 11:20:39 AM maxg wrote:

Cool looking amps Craig. Is there a 240 Volt/50 Hz AC version in the works?
----------------

Not a real problem at all just have to custom order a power transformer may had a few bucks to the cost but no big deal.

----------------

On 3/1/2005 11:20:39 AM maxg wrote:

And Zebrawood is a disaster no doubt!

----------------

Noooo...

The stripes on zebrawood are actually associated with different densities in the wood.

Having a such a Multiple Organic Density Layers Aural Correction (or MODLAC) on a chassis helps breaking the nasty standing waves from energizing the chassis and inducing microphonics in your precious tube. We all know those nasty microphonics perturbance detracts you, the listener, from fully enjoying the music as it was fully intended to be heard.

----------------

On 3/1/2005 12:57:40 PM Painful Reality wrote:

I was thinking about selling the rigths of MODLAC to Machina Dynamica.

If they can manage to sell such things as IntelliChips and Brilliant Pebbles, I guess they could commercialize the MODLAC system.
----------------

LMAO !!! That was great Jeff !

Here we go again....

For my part, I found zebrawood really muffled the sound -- but that's just me. On one pair of amps I had, I installed natural maple on one monoblock, and walnut on another (I didn't have zebrawood, but I thought the densities might be similar....though I lost my WDCD (wood density calibration device). I found the the maple significantly better than the walnut chassis in terms of HF response, whereas the walnut tended to be warmer, but with reasonably better bass shadings (whatever bass shadings are).

Craig: Marie was looking over my shoulder when I was looking at the VRD pictures. She said "Wow! I like those, who makes them!?"

BTW: what does VRD standfor?

----------------

On 3/2/2005 9:21:15 AM NOSValves wrote:

Full retail is $2599 a pair. All previous customers, AK, SH and Klipsch forum members get a discount of $2299 a pair.
----------------

A discount of $2299. Very generous of you buddy.

I'll send you a $300 check for a pair of VRD's then 9.gif