Another Scammer

I mailed him too, got a response from royb_yshop@yahoo.com, name given was Roy Bishop. I'd asked him if he possesion of the speaks, his reply was...

They are still in AZ, never sold.

All he said.

Haven't checked the yahoo id yet or anything else, actually closed out of the Klipsch forum and was checking mail before I went home for the night.

Might be legit, might not.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/1/2005 9:54:49 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

I mailed him too, got a response from royb_yshop@yahoo.com, name given was Roy Bishop. I'd asked him if he possesion of the speaks, his reply was...

They are still in AZ, never sold.

All he said.

Haven't checked the yahoo id yet or anything else, actually closed out of the Klipsch forum and was checking mail before I went home for the night.

Might be legit, might not.

----------------

Read my posts, it ain't legit dude.

I just got a quick response to my question from the seller. I think it's past 2:00 am in the UK. The answer seems honest.

-----------"This is not a relist.I bought them from AZ,US,and now i resell them.

Shipping to Montana,US would be 210$.

Ê

thanks!"-------------------

$210 for shippng is a good deal. Didn't the original seller say that shipping would be a fixed fee of $500? The no reserve part of this is still strange. Wouldn't he want to protect himself?

----------------

On 3/1/2005 10:25:50 PM klipschaholik wrote:

Then poor Bigben is out 6 grand. Not! This guys a flake! $210 wouldn't come close to covering the shipping cost for all that wood to Montana

----------------

I agree. This is interesting to watch. Speaking of watch, anyone interested in a Rolex?

Here's the latest, it took him a while. Bear in mind that I offered to come pick everthing up tomorrow and pay him in full. What an Englishman.

From "Roy Bishop" to me, just a few minutes ago:

You have my address here were to send the first half of the sum(4000$).The first half of money i would like to be sent via Money Gram.After you make this payment,please send someone at my address to pick up the item,or anounce me if i shall ship it.After picking up(shipping) the item,money will go to my paypal account(the other half-4000$).

BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS.

88 MILLFIELD ROAD HANDSWORTH WOOD,Zip= B20 1EB

Name:ROY BYSHOP.

Thank you!

Notice how this prick misspelled his own name and that he is able to accept MoneyGrams at his own address. Do any of you wish to continue speculating whether or not this guy is legit? 2.gif Oh I almost forgot, I thought the speakers were still in Arizona! 3.gif

I agree. I guess its just going to take people like ourselves to police the bad guys. I had a friend who got duped for $800 on a second chance scam, so any chance I get I'm turning these bad guys in.

Time to get back to work on my La Scala veneering project. "Rosewood" Coming to a thread near you! Good night all.

gk

----------------

On 3/1/2005 11:22:54 PM klipschaholik wrote:

I agree. I guess its just going to take people like ourselves to police the bad guys. I had a friend who got duped for $800 on a second chance scam, so any chance I get I'm turning these bad guys in.

Time to get back to work on my La Scala veneering project. "Rosewood" Coming to a thread near you! Good night all.

gk

----------------

By the way, I failed to thank you, nice job Klipschaholik 1.gif

I've been "ebaying" since 1998 or so. The place has since transformed into (let me put on my best Alec Guinness/Obi Wan Kanobi voice here) "a wretched hive of scum and villainy."

9.gif

I would never commit to a *major* purchase through Ebay nowadays unless the seller was in my immediate area and he agreed to let me pick the item up in person. Actually, I'd be skeptical on any electronic purchase in general. For example, a Proton D940 was being sold cheaply in as-is condition here in San Diego a while back. The seller's feedback was erratic; some good some bad. I emailed seller asking him if I could check out the unit in person since we're right down the road from each other. No response. Emailed seller again asking if I could make the 10 minute drive over to his place to pick up the item should I choose the "buy-it-now" option. No response. Emailed seller asking him if I could pick up item should I win it via the normal auctioning process so that I can save the $25 on shipping charges. Again, no response.

People are either selling junk or phantom (ha! a little Star-Wars humor there!) merchandise and they're hiding in the shadows while doing it.

It seems like electronic items are the targets-of-choice for today's Ebay con-artists. They must research the high-ticket items and find that's it's easier to do a single Khorn scam for $1800 then it is to do ten $180 amp/receiver scams.

They do their homework.

I'll give them that much.

At any rate, Ebay's gotten very risky IMHO. Much safer to utilize Craigslist if it's in your area. Cheaper prices too. Of course, the selection's no where as great as Ebay but it's definitely safer.

----------------

On 3/2/2005 11:19:47 AM heresy2guy wrote:

I've been "ebaying" since 1998 or so. The place has since transformed into (let me put on my best Alec Guinness/Obi Wan Kanobi voice here) "a wretched hive of scum and villainy."

9.gif

I would never commit to a *major* purchase through Ebay nowadays unless the seller was in my immediate area and he agreed to let me pick the item up in person. Actually, I'd be skeptical on any electronic purchase in general. For example, a Proton D940 was being sold cheaply in as-is condition here in San Diego a while back. The seller's feedback was erratic; some good some bad. I emailed seller asking him if I could check out the unit in person since we're right down the road from each other. No response. Emailed seller again asking if I could make the 10 minute drive over to his place to pick up the item should I choose the "buy-it-now" option. No response. Emailed seller asking him if I could pick up item should I win it via the normal auctioning process so that I can save the $25 on shipping charges. Again, no response.

People are either selling junk or phantom (ha! a little Star-Wars humor there!) merchandise and they're hiding in the shadows while doing it.

It seems like electronic items are the targets-of-choice for today's Ebay con-artists. They must research the high-ticket items and find that's it's easier to do a single Khorn scam for $1800 then it is to do ten $180 amp/receiver scams.

They do their homework.

I'll give them that much.

At any rate, Ebay's gotten very risky IMHO. Much safer to utilize Craigslist if it's in your area. Cheaper prices too. Of course, the selection's no where as great as Ebay but it's definitely safer.

----------------

I concur. Then you get to hold your breath and hope the carrier doesn't destroy the item when the transaction is legitimate. You know it never ceases to amaze and sadden me that there was a time when pipe organs and porcelain could be transported across oceans intact. Makes you wonder where we went wrong.

I haven't Ebay'ed actively in a year or so, but pretty much all my transactions were great.

I've sold a truck for $7500 (great), bought most of my Klipsch gear, bought tubes, sold amps and my Bose collateral from my newbie days.

These days it sounds like shark-infested waters. But as you say, use common sense and don't work with somebody who can't or won't communicate to your satisfaction.

Honestly, I still ebay all the time (buy and sell). I've been ripped off once, three years ago (ba$tard cost me $85) in the last decade of transactions. If you check feedback and only buy from people with good records, there isn't a problem. And huge bargains can still be had on ebay, although less and less often (especially hard with major electronics gear).

So just like purchasing from a pawn shop or a infomercial, you gotta spend a little time researching the product and the seller. Good job on busting the charlatran who was trying to "sell" the Klipsch Heritage surround system!

Scott