After-market Cornwall Networks

mark1101

Thanks Allan, they also have grey krinkle paint on the magnets on those chrome throat K-77's.

Trying to figure out the Klipsch changeovers is close to impossible sometimes I think that they changed to the different K-77 and different K-33 at the same time and I am certain it happened after '64 not sure when though. Anyone have any '65/'66 Corns?

----------------

On 3/9/2005 1:14:04 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Carl, did your Cornwall have the K-77 with the chrome throat and screw type connectors? If so it is '64 or older, it would also have the C Type 1000-5000 crossovers with the large bobbinized coils. Mine are stamped C-22 on the networks.

----------------

Hmmm, interesting. No, I do not think it has a K-77 with a chrome throat. What do you mean by screw type connectors? Now you have me curious since we may be talking about a mid or late '60s model with a Jensen woofer (instead of an early '60s) or a hybrid, etc. I'll pull the back off tonight, and tell you exactly what I have inside. The crossover should be easy to id since it is sitting on my floor (already replaced). Thanks for the info.

Carl.

Carl,

The chrome throat/grey krinkle paint K-77's that I have have mounting posts that unscrew (threaded) by twisting them with your fingers to insert the wire into them.

The K-55's also have a metallic type grey paint instead of the more common battleship gray seen on most K-55V's.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure both horns have soldered connections so my Corn is not as old as we thought. Interesting though because now I'm really curious as to what year and combination of drivers I actually have in it.

BTW, how's your DHAxover K-horns doing? I do not received my pair from Dean yet, and am just curious - at both lower and higher SPL levels. How does your mid horn react - especially at higher volumes?

Carl.

Dean, does that mean those Type B's you were working on for me shipped to? I know I am really impatient! I just can't wait to hear it with all reworked networks in the rear, should be awesome!

Carl, I love the DHAOXer's I have not had the opportunity to do a high volume listening test but the low level stuff that I have tried, and some challenging DVD soundtracks show the '77's to be much more detailed. I can pick subtle details out that I could not before, the bass is nice and defined, I have the solder terminal K-55V's that I bought and installed in them as well. The clarity of the system now as a whole is amzing, if you hear a phone on the Sat Dish signal and the tone is similar I actually go searching for the phone, similar situation to door bells, and knocking on doors. I can't wait to get the Cornwalls done, then it's on to the Academy!

Colter the WWII networks are back in there, I was going to sell the Corn's at one point and I sold the Jensen PIO networks separately since the buyer was not willing to pony up the bucks to cover the networks, just the speakers.

Well I ended up keeping them so the originals went back in, now I am impatiently waiting for my new DeanG Type B/P networks to arrive so I can bring them up to the level of the Khorn's that I just installed the DeanG built DHAOXver that John Albright designed. I will certainly keep the originals though. I even kept the old wiring that I removed from them when I upgraded it.

• 5 months later...