Want to buy/trade Chorus, Chorus II, Forte II

rplace

----------------

On 3/9/2005 4:24:55 PM rplace wrote:

Chris that is excellent, are you offering to buy them, pack them up and ship them to me and make some $$ for yourslef? I would want some pictures and a warm fuzzy feeling that they would be packed up nice and safe. Let me know what the total would be including shipping to zip 21154.

see my email address above...PM and email via forum is not working well for me.

Thanks, Rich

----------------

Rich,

I'm ofering to call the guy to get permission and give you his phone number. And yes, I feel warm and fuzzy for doing a good deed.

Chris

Thanks a ton, Larry.

Original wall was about 13 feet wide, finished out with baseboard and all it is roughly 12.5 feet. The screen is 95 inches wide with four of that on each side being the frame. The depth of the screen is about 2 inches.

So 22 to 23 would surely fit but like you say the depth coming out might pose problemsbut to be clear after the 28 inches I have an additional 4 for the frame of the screen before you get to any picture image. It is a 1.23 to 1 screen and even the widest movies I have viewed so far still have about 6 inches of screen before any image.

Getting excited about possible khorns, but then I might be getting a little ahead of myself.

To be clear the spot for one khorn would be as follows:

Corner of wall, 28 inches of nothing, 4 inches of frame, 6 inches of screen during widest movie and finally lots of image.

Do you think it is possible to make it work? If not I just level the house and build the right room dont ya think?

FYI the depth of the room is 16.75 and the ceiling is just under 8 feet. I know not the ideal khorn room but I do have lots of wall in both directions for both corners so that is a start.

Thanks again, Rich

Chris a good deed for sure - thanks a lot! Maybe before this is all over I will have a pair of Khorns and 4 WO Chorus. Then I surely would be done. Find out if the guy still has them and wants to sell them. I am interested. Give him my email if you like. Do you know if they are chorus or CIIs? My gut tells me that with the wife for the time being the chorus have a much better chance then the khorns...but the klipschorns are close to home.

Thanks again, Rich

----------------

On 3/9/2005 10:36:37 PM rplace wrote:

Chip in!!?? Larry that is so nice of you to pitch in a few bucks to help the cause? How much can I put you down for? 200-500?
9.gif9.gif

----------------

LOL. Man, you are brutal! I guess the Homer Simpson is very fitting. I'll call the guy Thursday evening about the Chorous.

Chris

Hey guys enjoying the good natured ribbing.

Larry, all kidding aside I do greatly appreciate the offer of you timeI am sure you are busy like me and time is much more valuable. Should it work out I dont think I will have any problems but I will keep you in mind. Thanks for the info on dimensions as well.

Chris thanks for taking the time to give the guy in your area a yell. Let me know how it goes.

Gary I sent you a PM/email via the forum today, please let me know if you get it no errors on my side so you should be set.

Thanks again to all. Fingers crossed that everything falls into place.

Rich

• 7 months later...

I have a pair of the black Chorus II's that I would like to sell. I purchased them in the early 90's while at UCLA. I actually was the typical poor college student and received my first credit card with a $2,000 limit and guess what I maxed my credit card on? Anyway, I have taken pretty good care of them. They sound as good today as the day I bought them, but unfortunately my wife wants them out of the house to replace them with those little micro (foo foo) speakers. What can I do? I tried to convince her that these speakers are classic, but she doesn't seem to care. Anyway, is anyone out there interested?

msandoval, where are you located? It's really better to get a

buyer who can pick them up or at least meet you nearby. If you

can't get a local buyer, you'll either need to convince your wife to

keep them or trade her in on a model that is compatible with good

speakers.