Khorns & Heresys - $2500 OBO - Columbia, MD

Frzninvt

Had a few back and forths with the seller. From what I can pry out of him 20 some years old in walnut. 7/10 condition. What is a decent price given that knowledge? Obviously I need to go look at them if I want to go any further. FRZN, give my message back to you over in 2 channel a look please.

Rich

Gary, if you are willing to educate a would be khorn owner maybe we could go together. Then I could fill you in on my location ect. that I can't seem to get to you via PM. I would love to have khorns, but they never seem to be close enough to check out. I would appreciate anything to look for and avoid.

That is if you are not interested in buying them. If you are interested in buying them I won't pursue it.

Rich

Oh, you guys are killing me here. Do I have to go in swinging elbows to keep Gary away? Last week had me badgering my Toronto friend to sore Khorns for me till I could get there. Missed out on the auction due to cost. These will probably end up being a 2500 dollar plile of kindeling when/if I check them out. Well at lest the dream so far is fun. Now to work on the speach for the wife...

Nice enough sounding British fellow. I'm stopping by to see them on my way home from work tomorrow. He's only a couple miles from my house.

Rich - Email me a phone # where I can reach you tomorrow evening after 5:00 and I'll give you the scoop.

I already have two pair of HeresiesI guess if I get another I could go Khorn mains with 5 Heresies to round out the 7 in 7.1. Then I would have to have a fire sale to liquidate the rest of my Klipsch line. It is starting to look like a dealership in my basement. I really need some professional help here...my wife thinks I am unnaturally obsessed with anything named Klipsch.

I am hoping the khorns are in decent shape both finish and sonically and me and the seller can come to terms. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I am getting out my shoe horn to squeeze them in. Wish me luck and thanks for all the input so far.

What does the guy want for the Heresy's? Are they WO?

Do you have room for 4 Chorus' in the rear? If not you could go Chorus & Heresy's in the back. Keep a Forte' at center, unless you can land a single Belle or La Scala in the near future.

I should send you pictures on my living room, or show her Qman's system then she will see that their are people more obsessed than yourself for sure.

Send any and all ammo you have to make me look like the "Sane" one...I could use the help. I am betting that if falls into place there will be a short time of "this is way too over the top" followed by "I am so glad we got these, they sound awesome". The wife is actually fantastic at supporting my various obsessions of brewing my own beer, old pinball machines and audio/video gear. It is only recently that we have had the space to expand the family beyond a TV/Forte set up. I am the luckiest man in the world.

If it I get kicked out and end up living on the street I am sleeping on FrznInVT's couch as this is the 2nd round of Khorns he has gotten me in a frenzy over.

Have not asked him about finish/price on the Heresybeen too fired up about the khorns.

Here is a photo facing my TV, I have others with the Khorn's/Corns in back at home, but you get the idea. The audio rack is custom made out of pine, stained and poly'd and can support at least 500 lbs.

I am a bad influence just ask my two brother in law's that now have corrall's of Heritage speakers and audio gear.

You certainly won't be sorry if you get them, and put them in place and listen for the first time.

Where are you Rich????

They're the real deal. 1 owner (helluva nice guy) walnut oiled with maybe a small nick or 2 at most.

Call me. I did everything but pay for them for you.12.gif

BTW - They're '85s and he bought them locally along with the heresys as a matching set. All the drivers work but I couldn't pull them out to see the xovers or label (I was short on time). The heresy labels say they're 85s.