Black Grill Cloth Update

Budman

Sorry to hear of the problem Greg.

I have to say though that Ralph/Duracrest was great to deal with when I ordered from them and I received my order within a week of my order. My understanding when I talked with Ralph was they really aren't in the business to sell directly to the consumer and because They had a few cases were he shipped cloth out but never received payment that he had to stop shipping first and then waiting on payment back to him. Ralph is a fan of Klipsch speakers and I believe he really wants to help us Klipsch Heads out if it's possible for him to do.

How long did Ralph originally tell you it would take to fill your order?

If you haven't contacted them since your orginal order placement then I believe it's definitly time to give them a call. It could be an honest mistake on their part that needs to be resolved.

mike tn[:)]

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with Ralph on Friday and his material has still not come in. Ralph has been great for all my projects and I am too waiting. He did tell me however that very soon he will no longer sell to forum members. He said its more hassle than its worth and some forum members have been riding him because of the long wait.

I don't think Ralph makes the fabric he is just a distributor for it. He can be tough to get a hold of but I don't think he is going to retire on our fabric sales.

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/11, the fabric finally showed up.

6 weeks from ordering to getting the product.

I still haven't looked closely at it to see if it's just like the Wendell Fabrics product or not. Some say it IS Wendell Fabrics product. If it is, or if it's close, it's certainly a better deal to just order it from Wendell Fabrics. Don't you think?

Greg

On a somewhat related note:

I am currently in the process of bringing my '87 Oak K-Horns back to life. There are a few minor cosmetic items, one of which seems to a stain of unknown origin on what I believe is cane grill. It appears to be light oil, perhaps when the oak was oiled with some sort of stuff like Forneby's furniture polish. Any hints on how to clean it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are other mfgs. I ordered material from Wendell, (not the black, but a woven cane looking fabric), and it came promptly. The only catch was you had to order a 3 yard minimum. Not a problem, as I have 1 pair of Corwalls, and 3 pair of Herseys.

Another source is Acoustone corp in Brooklyn. Web site is acoustonegrillecloth.com If you ask nicely, they will send you a folder with swatches. Wendell did as well.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...