RC-35 Sucks Compared To RC-25??

Wolf

I always a little sceptical of those reviews because they are not done in a controlled manner. For example, what was the reviewer using to power the RC35 vs the RC25? For example, if he was using a Denon or Yamaha receiver, which both have an enhanced upper bass/lower midrange and sound as if they have "loudness contour" applied, then the RC 25 which is less capable in those ranges would sound more "normal" since it's weakness in those frequencies is compensated for by the receiver, and with the RC 35 which IS more capable in those bands it would sound overly heavy.

I had a good example of that this weekend. I have a friend who I steered towards a 35 series setup who was using a Denon 3801 receiver and thought that it sounded ok, but not spectacular, a bit heavy in the lower mid and muddy in the upper bass. He was ready for an electronics upgrade, and was considering a Denon 3805, but I was able to steer him towards a Rotel RSX 1056. Well, on Saturday we hooked everything up. The difference in the overall system balance and clarity was astounding, now his system is crystal clear, with balance between the highs and the mid, and good weight in the lower bass. It's really hard to discribe what a difference the right electronics makes until you've heard it for yourself.

Jerry Rappaport

Thanks for your comments Jerry!

I am unable to listen to these as the shop here doesn't stock the RB-35's and has sold it's last RC-35. The only way I can get them is to order them. I have a Pioneer 1014. Do you have an opinion on the combination? I am assuming that at the least the RC/RB-35's are going to be a quantum leap over my present tiny JBL center and Bose 201's.

Wolf

Wolf, do not worry! ANYTHING made by Klipsch will sound a whole lot better than a Bose 201 for all around music/home theater use. The 201 is a great budget speaker for pre-teens. You have stepped up to an entirely different class of sound with your incoming Klipsch purchase. Really, the two just don't compare. Enjoy!

Isn't there a way to delete posts? I posted something that turned out to be incorrect.

Question:

If you had a choice twixt the RC-25 and the RC-35 to go with EITHER the RB-25's or the RB-35's which way would you go?

Wolf

----------------

On 3/14/2005 4:47:51 PM Wolf wrote:

Isn't there a way to delete posts? I posted something that turned out to be incorrect.

Question:

If you had a choice twixt the RC-25 and the RC-35 to go with EITHER the RB-25's or the RB-35's which way would you go?

Wolf

----------------

You cannot delete the post but you can edit it and remove your error, I'd go RB/RC-35's all around.

I think I might just do that. If I place my order tomorrow I'm told it will take around 10 days to arive. I was thinking of getting the 25's because I could take them HOME tomorrow but all they have are demo RB's and I'd have to wait for them as well.

Are you familiar with both the RB-25 and the RB-35? Is there a noticable/desirable difference when used as mains?

Wolf

Haven't heard the 25...but I must say (unfortunately) that the 35 sounds like CRAP. I set up my buddy's dad's HT, and it was a really dissappointing speak and really brought the whole experience down. My friend just ordered a RC3-II off ebay instead of the 35.

Wolf,

I recently purchase the RB 35's. For me, they are a Fantastic, powerful, clear speaker! Best recent purchase I have made! I run mine with a little Creek 4140 35wpc intergrated amp.......and I can't turn it up past the first line, before it blows me out..............(room is 12x 20). Spend the extra and get the 35's over the 25's.

Wolf,

At this time I am Not using a center, I have my system hooked up with my tv speakers as a false center------and it shows........

I have heard the RB 35's with the RC 35 center at my audio shop. I liked it lot-

but my budget didn't permit it.........I really think you will be very pleased with this setup............Good Luck. ( and post Pics)!

I just ordered the RB-35's. The store is going to get some RC-35's in the same order and when they come in I am going to audition both the RC-25 and RC35.

I have never heard the RB-35's but figure they sound better than the RB-25's which I like...

Wolf9.gif

And wolf... Do not let a magazine tell you what YOUR ears hear too. Take your time and yes use specs.. yes use info.. But YOU are what decides if it is good or bad not a review or a subjective experts opinion is. (Or paid advertising was in the magazine to get rave reviews... or ad dropped to get not so rave reviews...LOL)

Some people even hate k horns..and thats ok, too. It leaves them for us to enjoy!

As Jerry said,take audioreview with a grain of salt.Its a great resource to look for products that have a pattern of problems(ex. 25 reviews and half noting the same fault).Otherwise I see lots of crap rated 5 of 5,get real,there are a few 4's and many fewer 5's out there.The rc7/rc3II are great centers,I'd say Klipsch has a good handle how to design centers in a given price range..

There have been negative comments even on this forum.

This is from 6-3-2004:

"To my ears, the RC-35 colors some audio dialogue with more bass than I would like. I think that is probably due to its front ports, and that mainly comes into play with male dialogue. I never had any real problems with the unit sounding muffled, and for music, it does fine. I just think the RC3II is a better overall sounding center. Again, I am not that displeased with the RC35 because it now anchors my secondary system (in my family room).

On the other hand, there have been 2 or 3 threads in the last eight months of comparisons between the RC-35 and RC3II where various people have found their RC35s to be muffled-sounding and not voice-matching their mains (RF35s). My only point is that if it sounds good to you, no worries. If someone thinks it sounds muffled, there are other options.

One thing that I failed to mention was I recall a thread sometime ago where a RC-35 owner said that filling the front ports with foam pieces (like a subwoofer plug, etc.) tightened up and improved the sound. I have never tried that, but it seems like plugging those ports would have an effect on the overall sound. SSfull, you may want to try that first to see if that improves the sound of your RC-35 before going through the hassle of selling it and buying another center.

Just a thought.

Carl."

This is from this dblue in this thread!

"Haven't heard the 25...but I must say (unfortunately) that the 35 sounds like CRAP. I set up my buddy's dad's HT, and it was a really dissappointing speak and really brought the whole experience down. My friend just ordered a RC3-II off ebay instead of the 35."

And I know some folk HATE Klipsch and horns in general. Hell, some guys don't even like Blondes! (see Pic)

Anyway I am gonna LISTEN to one when they come in. And I am excited and eager for my RB-35's to get here! I'm watching the Incredibles tonight and can only imagine how much better it will sound.

Soon...

Wolf

post-17443-13819262334774_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I demoed the rb-35s vs the rb-25s, and the difference was huge IMO. Sounded much better. The poor reviews for the RC-35 probably stem from timbre problems suffered in earlier models. When I had my rc-35 it sounded great. Also, it matches better with the rb-35s, so I would go that way for sure. Unless you can save up for the -7s...11.gif

Good luck!

Scott