$1,500-$2,000 to spend on 5 speakers....Help me blow it all!!!

BLOOMIS914

I am a diehard klipsch fan and own KLF-30's, C7's and 2 pairs of KSP-S6's. It has been a while since purchasing anything new and I am building a theater for a friend. We have a $5K front projector with a 52" x 92" screen. He has a budget of up to $2K for the Fronts/Center/Surrounds. We want maximum bang for the buck, however we have limited options for rear surrounds.

We can not use conventional WDST type surrounds as there is no wall on the left rear side of the room.

There is one support pole that is framed and finished (6" x 6") on the left side that we could mount/point a smaller satellite type surround.

Otherwise we have the option of ceiling mounted (in-ceiling speakers) or monitors on stands for the rears.

Please make suggestions for Klipsch or other (yikes!!) options. Is it possible to use 4 RB-75's? on pedestals and a matching center.

I may do a Klipsch sub but I believe there are better value subs out there than Klipsch, specifically SVS or Outlaws LFM-1

All responses are welcome and appreciated.

Brett

4 RB-75s and an RC-7 sounds like a good option... and would also work well for multichannel music. If your friend can swing the price, it would be great. Otherwise, 4 RF-35s and an RC-35 (or RC-7 if he can afford it) would do the job. I like the RF-35s as an option because you don't need to purchase stands, and you get tons of extra sensitivity and bass extension vs. the bookshelves.

As far as the sub is concerned, I am not a fan of downfiring ported subs like the LFM-1. If you want to keep the cost down, but power, air displacement and impact up, just get a Dayton Titanic III 15" kit.

----------------

On 3/14/2005 12:27:55 PM meuge wrote:

4 RB-75s and an RC-7 sounds like a good option... and would also work well for multichannel music. If your friend can swing the price, it would be great. Otherwise, 4 RF-35s and an RC-35 (or RC-7 if he can afford it) would do the job. I like the RF-35s as an option because you don't need to purchase stands, and you get tons of extra sensitivity and bass extension vs. the bookshelves.

As far as the sub is concerned, I am not a fan of downfiring ported subs like the LFM-1. If you want to keep the cost down, but power, air displacement and impact up, just get a Dayton Titanic III 15" kit.

----------------

I've never really been a fan of using large floorstanding speakers all around. Surround effect is not especially loud or low frequency. I would put more money into the fronts as this is where most of the material will be going. Get yourself some RF35's, save some serious cash by using in-ceiling R-5800C's, then you may have enough left over for an RC7.

Not much left over for a sub.....Personally, I think the projector used significantly too much of the budget on a project like this.

"4 RB-75s and an RC-7 sounds like a good option...."

And so does 5 Klipsch Heresys. If you don't mind used, but built like a brick s#ithouse, hang around here, ebay, or anywhere used audio is sold. Shop around and you'll find 5 for a grand - maybe a bit more, which leaves plenty of room/$$$ for other stuff (like good subbage). If a Heresy is a problem at center, use an Academy. You can refinish many Heresy cabinets to fit your decor, or buy 'em with matched finishes.

Heritage helps the wallet grow fonder, while compromising NOTHING. In fact, some like 'em better. I sure do - and for the $$$$, they are so good you feel guilty for not spending enough. NO WHERE ELSE WILL YOU GET THIS PERFORMANCE for $1000. You might spend a little more if you want the cabs perfect, but Heresys are the ticket to quality on a budget. They are built so good, you can hand 'em down to your kids....these speakers will last longer than most reading this post.

Or you could just go apes#it like I did and just use all Cornwalls9.gif

For a HT, buy the best sub and center you can afford, then buy your fts and sides with what's left. Bear in mind that I gave you a rule of thumb, a guideline if you will, you wouldn't want an SVSPB12Ultra+2 and an RC7 paired with som pro-medias2.gif .

Bloom,

I would suggest that you get good mains (RF 35), a center RC35, and then get either your surrounds, and Then get your sub last.

MSRP RF 35 499.00 Each = 1,000

RC 35 400.00 = 400.00

Just an Idea............If you deal with a Klipsch dealer, they will most likely discount for you..............then you could maybe also get your surround speakers RB 35's retail for 600.00 (Pair).

Though I love the Chorus/Forte/Heresy models- they can't go close to the TV, Plus finding a Good, resonable priced center will be a Pain!........(I.E. Academy's for 600.00).............