Looking for a good restaurant

Hey folks, here is a question for all the Indy locals. The Mrs. and I will be celebrating our anniversary while we are there, its actually on the 18th but we have decided to postpone and celebrate in Indy. So can anyone direct us to a good Ruth's Criss or comparable type of restaurant? Thanks

I will second St Elmos.. Especially, if you have a craving for spicey horse raddish in your cocktail sauce... wooo hooooo with your shrimp!!

St Elmos is a great independent non franchised very famous steak house. It is $$, but also worth every penny for those special occasions. The filet steaks are legendary!

• Moderators

----------------

On 3/17/2005 7:22:14 PM J.4knee wrote:

Amy,

Thanks those prices look pretty reasonable, I will have to show it to my wife, it is pretty much inline with what we look for when we go out for our anniversary.
----------------

Great! Glad I could help. St Elmos is in an awesome spot downtown also--great "ambiance" and near everything cool. Make a long evening of it!

It's also one of those restaurants where the waiters are VERY attentive! Fancy schmancy.

And yes, the shrimp cocktail is FAMOUS, if you like that kind of thing 14.gif

• Moderators

----------------

On 3/18/2005 11:11:26 AM Tom Adams wrote:

OMG! The menu prices are a bit insane. You're not a cheap date are ya Amy?
1.gif

Tom

----------------

LOL

You'd be surprised. Notice I said "if money is no object." Money is ALWAYS an object to me, which is why I've been to St Elmo's exactly once. I'd love to go over an over, but it's way outta my range! I'm probably one of the most tight-fisted people I know.

1.gif

Plus I RARELY get downtown. I can't even remember the last time I ventured down there.... Pre-Steven, of course.

I'm just pickin' at ya Amy. Actually, the menu fare sounds wonderful. And yeah, I know what ya mean about doing it up right every once & a while.

Recently I set us men back several years when for Valentine's Day I took my wife to Charleston, SC for an overnight stay and dinner at this restaurant: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/magnolias/ Awesome food and a wonderful evening.

Actually, the wife & I dine like this 3 or 4 times a week. Money is typically not an issue for us.

BRAHAHAHAHAHA.........

I was almost able to say that without cracking up!9.gif

Tom

hot buttered steaks, yeech, disgusting. We've got lots better in Indy than butchered cow if yer interested. Morton's steakhouse downtown has the top cuts of meat, but a wider selection of fare. All the big politicos in town eat there, it's got to be good. Excellent wine list I'm led to believe.

Me, gimme Chinese take-out or a 'Some Guys' pizza anyday. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy.

Michael

----------------

On 3/18/2005 8:10:44 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

hot buttered steaks, yeech, disgusting. We've got lots better in Indy than butchered cow if yer interested. Morton's steakhouse downtown has the top cuts of meat, but a wider selection of fare. All the big politicos in town eat there, it's got to be good. Excellent wine list I'm led to believe.

Me, gimme Chinese take-out or a 'Some Guys' pizza anyday. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy.

Michael

----------------

Michael

Thanks for the suggestion but we like charred mammal flesh. 2.gif We have a Mortons in San Diego. I do like the on-line reservation idea at Morton's, how much lazier could I get? 9.gif

Trey,

Thanks, The big night out menu option looks interesting at the Meltingpot

Actually I appreciate all of the suggestions from everyone so far.

A steakhouse is not a requisite we just seem to flock to them for our anniversay dinner. In SD we have a bunch. Our favorite is Donovan's, Ruths Criss is nice, if we were going to celbrate in SD this year we'd go to Rainwaters. We are also very fond of good Italian or Seafood places. Spanish Tapa houses (we love paella) are a lot of fun too. Anyway keep em comming thanks.

"Spanish Tapa houses (we love paella) are a lot of fun too. "

Paella thats that dish with bunch of different seafood, usually prepared in large skillet to be shared by several diners, yes?

There is a place called Jazz Kitchen that has a wonderful Paella in their offerings and to boot, is a great room for Jazz performances and has KLIPSCH SPEAKERS! They were featured on the website installations sections a while back, so you could see photos and get a link.

This might also be a great hangout for Friday night if anyone is looking for a neat spot for dining, drinking and converstation.

St. Elmos kicks butt over Ruth's Chris. It's downtown, not terribly far from the hotel (about 20 mins). Lots of high end clientele have wedding rehersal dinners there.

Michael