pauln

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 3/26/2005 6:36:25 PM DeanG wrote:

The K-55-V and K-55-X are both Altas PD-5VH drivers. Any dfferences, real or imagined, are probably due to differences in machining tolerances.

----------------

Right again Dean...almost the same driver....

Hey Pauln

these are really bad pics :) but congrats all the same!

I got mine custom made delivered Nov. 2000 shipped all way to UK. Have used them with CJ stuff and now Quad II class A, 15W monobloc amps. Very nice.

I note Klipsch have reverted to the old style bell end in the mid and tidied up the XO, but still use all those cheapo components - maybe later on, you might think about better caps and coils.

I went for Jensen PIO caps and a better mid 5mH choke others might suggest the ALK route which I can not comment on one way or the other.

KT66 - sorry about the picture quality, I thought they were preety good for a fully manual film camera with no battery for the light meter. I can't beleive you suggested messing with the networks - I'm not touching anything on these networks, they are brand new!

Marcophile - Thanks for the recommendation; I did tip them up to make the drivers line-of-sight. I like it a lot. I also hopped over to the SETs' 4 ohm taps - I like this a lot, too.

Paul