What are Cornwalls worth?

Byteboy

I've had my gently used Cornwalls since about 1979 or 1980 I think. Now due to space limitations in my new condo I find myself having to sell the big beauties. Does anyone have an opinion about what they think they are worth? I've never worried about it because I thought I would own them forever. BTW, I bought them as unfinished cabinets which I put a coat of clear varnish on.

If in NM condition, CBRs usually sell for about $700 on average. A nice factory veneer always adds a couple hundred.

Sorry you must part with them. I'm the original owner of my 80 corns and I can't imagine giving them up. They'll go to the grave with me. Well, not really. I'd let my son have them first. I'd hate to get dirt all over that nice zebrawood veneer.2.gif

----------------

On 3/21/2005 9:04:01 PM Gilbert wrote:

----------------

On 3/21/2005 8:26:21 PM garymd wrote:

I'd let my son have them first. I'd hate to get dirt all over that nice zebrawood veneer.

----------------

Thanks Dad.

----------------

Isn't it past your bedtime, son?5.gif9.gif

Cornwalls I and IIs do NOT have horn loaded bass, have smaller mid-range horn than larger Heritage models, still have 15 woofer and amazing 100 dB/w/m sensitivity, bump up around 80-100Hz and fall off quickly below 50Hz. From 18 sales on eBay, as of January 05, Corns sold from $550 to $1,400. An exception was a year ago, when a pair went for $1,800, but generally Corns sell for about the same for Chorus I and IIs (averaging $926, up about more than one hundred from summer), with one pair at 1,906 and another at $1,400.

10.gif

Colin you may wanna visit that lower number in the Cornwalls. The La Scalas and Belles... are at + - 50 Hz great for music, needs some UMPH for HT too. Cornwalls go lower, and you will feel it, than any other Heritage speaker other than the K horn.

Product specifications

Frequency Response

38 to 17,000 Hz