too good to be true?

fec

yeah - always the thrill of the ****** mixed with the guilt of being almost - well - greedy or something. I'm still a newbie in this klipsch love affair. Now have a pair of heresy 1's and this acadamy. I think if I can find some forte's over the next month or two, I will quit and be happy!

• Like 1

quote:

Originally posted by fec:

I think if I can find some forte's over the next month or two, I will quit and be happy!

that's what i said w/ my 1 pair of cornwalls back in '81 Biggrin.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect/Monster MCX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Monster HTS1000 PowerCenter

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX-1 Biwire

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

Sooooo, you're the one! Congrats...I missed that buy, by an early lunch break Friday.cwm2.gif Should you deem that oak finish unacceptable, contact me at BR549. Previous Academy prices have ranged from $175-$600+

Great Buy...Wes

Check out this current auction price for Chorus II's in Knoxville,TN: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1266599781. I suspect the Snipes are lurkin on this one!

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-26-2001 at 12:22 PM

Shapeshifter, you are showing your age by giving that phone number - that Jr Samples routine was always a hoot. In all honesty, I am in a quandry as to whether to try to assemble a true home theatre system or just improve my music listening setup. I just don't watch very many movies, but I do love to listen to music. I could either try to trade the acadamy for a sub to go with the heresys I have, or find some fortes or cornwalls and sell the heresys and the acadamy. I won't have it in my posession for a few days, so I'll have time to make up my mind.

• Like 1

fec, you're right about the age thing. In regards to age I use this old line, "The Older The Violin, The Sweeter The Music".

If your Academy was Walnut, I'd be tempted to talk trade for my KSW-12 Sub. My Academy is Black, but I want one in Walnut to match my other Heritage Speakers. Once you listen, you may not want to part with it! Mine works great with my pairs of Heresy/Cornwall fronts.

Please report your findings.

Jim, when it arrives you will be relieved. Once you hear it played across your front array, you'll be a bit astonished that the sound seems so smooth from left to right. When properly adjusted, It's a match that just fits!

Wes

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-26-2001 at 05:00 PM

jim, yea new once i got outta undergrad & had some dough. or make that a mastercharge (before they changed the name).

in fact i heard them at stereo sound studios in w. des moines, ia & told them "i will own these somehow". went & applied for the card & had them within 2 weeks.

cwm32.gif