RF-7's up front?

pyroponic

My current setup is my signature. I just purchased the RS-35's recently, so I believe I can return them for a refund of $565 since it hasn't been 30 days. The guys that i'm friends with that work at the store install Klipsch systems as a business and can probably get me a pair of new cherry RF-7's for around $1,500. I was thinking of returning the surround speakers, then putting 2 RF-7's up front and then moving the RB-75's to the side for a 5.1 setup.

You think this is the way to go?

Thanks

I think that would bring you to another level, I hate the WDST speakers and that echoey/reflective sound that they reproduce. The RB-75's back there with the RF-7's up front will make a world of difference! What's great since you have that 30 day window if you don't like it you can try something else. I have a feeling you won't be going back though once the RF-7's are in place.

I need to get a Denon 2900 myself, perhaps this week! They should be able to be had new for around $600 these days I think.

I recently installed the RF 7's in my theater and the RS 35's for the rears. The only concern I have had is that when I am in 5/6 channel stereo mode that the 35's will not be able to keep up with the RC 7 and RF's up front. That being said, I have not experienced terrible performance from the 35's but I believe that someday I will go with the RB 75's to replace the 35's for that reason.

----------------

On 3/30/2005 7:15:53 AM Northshore wrote:

I recently installed the RF 7's in my theater and the RS 35's for the rears. The only concern I have had is that when I am in 5/6 channel stereo mode that the 35's will not be able to keep up with the RC 7 and RF's up front. That being said, I have not experienced terrible performance from the 35's but I believe that someday I will go with the RB 75's to replace the 35's for that reason.

----------------

i was also slightly amazed at how the RS-3's (model prior to the RS-35's) can keep up with my KLF-30's i have for my mains....

even on multichannel SACD the sound is very, very good...

1.gif

Yep, I definately recommend this DVD player, and the video and audio are great. I'm replacing these cheap component cables I have so i'm guessing the video will get even better.

About the RF-7's I will not be able to return those once I get them (they'll be warrantied however) because this is how the installers have so many extra speakers:

They install setups and buy through the store so they "sell" many Klipsch speakers to themselves and accumlate points through Klipsch's seller incentive program. So they have a ton of extra speakers sitting around like RF-7's, RC-7's, and RSW-15's.

Anyways, i'm happy with how the RS-35's sound, so my main reason for moving the RB-75's to the surround isn't to get a direct firing speakers in the surround but to get the two RF-7's in the main.

I hear the RB-75 and RF-7's are comparable speakers, but having the floorstandings up front i'm guessing my stereo sound + everything else will be EVEN better.

I don't know how good the RB-75's will sound in the surround but I listen to SACD's now that I have the DVD-2900 so i'm guessing that could be beneficial for music. So I figure I might as well return the RS-35's while I can. I'm pretty sure they'll give me a good deal, for example I got the RB-75's for $800, RC-7 for $600, and RSW-15 for $1,200 (all cherry, new, and warrantied).

I think the the new speakers would be well matched, and the NAD S250 does 200 watts per channel into stereo...sweet! How much better are RF-7's than RB-75's up front (with the RSW-15).

John

I guess I'll parrot everybody else here.

Get the RF-7s, put the RB-75s in the rear, and return the RS-35s, and don't look back! Those RF-7s will take you to another level.

I have RF-7s in front with RF-5s in the rear (and I'll admit, I also have a pair of RS-7s as a "second" or "B" surrounds), so I do have an idea of what type of system you are looking at. Get the RF-7s!

skonopa,

I like your set up and am glad to see another Denon/Klipsch aficionado. I am jealous of your B&K 200.7. That, or something like it is in my future.

I have the same front spkr set up as you along with the Denon 4802R. I am using the RF-3's as A surrounds, RS-7's as B surrounds, and RB-75's for my rears. If that wasn't enough I have both the RSW 12 & 15, in a small room. I wonder if a B&K 200.7 would be overkill.9.gif

Do you use both A& B at the same time? Do you have your theater posted?

----------------

On 3/30/2005 10:34:44 PM tkdamerica wrote:

I wonder if a B&K 200.7 would be overkill.
9.gif

----------------

Naaah! Just don't turn it up as loud! 2.gif. I got my system setup in a "mere" 14 x 15 foot room. It is not so much as shear SPL's why I got the amp (although it can certainly crank if I want to "show-off" a little bit! 11.gif). I've noticed a distinct improvement in the general clarity as well as overall dynamics. Not to mention the bass had much more authority, but very tight and clean.

----------------

Do you use both A& B at the same time? Do you have your theater posted?

----------------

Sometimes, but usually, I just use the RS-7 'B' surrounds for most movies and general TV watching, and I use the RF-5 'A' surrounds for listening to "7-channel stereo". Unfortunatly, I currently don't have an SACD/DVD-Audio capable player (that JVC DVD player is a few years old now, before all the SACD/DVD-Audio came out (or they were too damn expensive at the time).

In that big long "Show us your home theater" thread, I think on the very first page, you'll see how my system looked before I got the 55-inch TV. At around page 15, you can see what my front now looks like, with the 55-inch Mitsubishi TV.