Attn Sinatra Fans!

garymd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why the straight lines in my pictures have that funny distortion in the memorabilia frames and chrome strips on the cars? My very ordinary siding does not have that funny-looking pattern! I'd be grateful for any clues.

Larry

Larry, that diagonal 'banding' seen in the chrome strips on cars and lines of your siding are compliments of pixalization in your digital photo files. I suspect that you've used a smaller file size for internet uploading, in doing so, some data from your original data file is lost due to compression and the 'jaggies' are seen.

Remember old computer printers and the jagged lines sometimes seen in large fonts or drawing files? Same thing.

Michael

----------------

On 4/6/2005 6:36:28 PM LarryC wrote:

Does anyone know why the straight lines in my pictures have that funny distortion in the memorabilia frames and chrome strips on the cars? My very ordinary siding does
not
have that funny-looking pattern! I'd be grateful for any clues.

Larry

----------------

Pixelization - The stair-stepped appearance of a curved or angled line in digital imaging. The smaller the pixels, and the greater their number, the less apparent the "pixelization" of the image. Also known as the "jaggies".

I offered it to Colterphoto to go with the other but I'm not sure he really wanted it. Send him a pm and see. I'll be happy to split them up.

BTW - Sinatra's Swingin' Sessions is by far the best sounding Sinatra LP I've ever heard. If you happen to come across one, grab it.

The guy called me today, said he sold the rest of his stuff today to a Sinatra impersonator. He still has the rest of the LPs so I'm going to check them out on Monday. Hopefully there'll be another copy of Swingin' Sessions!

Some of the LPs are unplayed like the box set and the Jobin LP with Girl From Ipanina. Some of the really old ones are scratched up a bit but they're pretty rare and are still playable.

"I offered it to Colterphoto to go with the other but I'm not sure he really wanted it.  Send him a pm and see.  I'll be happy to split them up"

Gary, I just really only wanted the one with red background and checked jacket 'the Columbia years' . You can sell the orange/purple one to Spaaz if he wants it. Glad to share in your find. I'm only greedy when it comes to Cornwalls in the Midwest!

Michael

Anyone heard of Spin-O-Rama, a division of Premier Records?

I have a "Tommy Dorsey And His Orchestra Featuring Frank Sinatra In 5 Vocals." The cover is a good NM+, LP NM-. Sounds like crap of course. Those really old mono LPs rarely sound good but this one is REALLY clean. Not a scratch and ALL the LPs have been in plastic since day 1.

I have some really nice Dorsey/Sinatra LPs. I'll send one or two to you Ben per your request. None are great recordings but hey, The Voice is like butta.............10.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the sinatra family website earlier today, and read through most of Nancy's online book (pain to do online). He worked his tail off. Constantly working to sell himself.

Marvel

Just about through shipping the memorabilia. I'm about to get to the LPs now. Other than Royster, Spaaz, Wolfram and Craig (sorry if I missed anyone - I'll go back through the thread), anyone else interested in any LPs? I have over 100 different Sinatra LPs that are in great shape.